Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Easy to find full fat yogurt? page 4

Rhiannon8404 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    Im curious as to why greek gods plain yogurt has pectin in it? Why is that in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    So they can list a higher number next to "Fiber" on the label and boost sales.
    Yogurt has pectin in it for its gelling and stabilizing effect. Pectin is also used in jellies and jams for the same reason. The amount of pectin added to yogurt does not provide a significant amount of fiber. Of the three brands of yogurt I have at home right now, two have pectin added and none of the show any fiber on the nutritional label.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Whole milk is approx 4% fat. How can yoghurt have 11% fat except by having cream added?
    They drain out the whey.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    They drain out the whey.
    So it's really cheese then
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    So it's really cheese then
    It is drained but not pressed. I guess it would depend on the definition of "cheese".

anova01 is offline Member
    Fage makes a "Total" that's sold in some stores (although most only carry the 0 and 2 percents) and is delicious. I've been able to find the best selection of full fat yogurts at Whole Foods (compared to Kroger and Trader Joe's).
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Patti is offline Senior Member
    So far I've only been able to find one whole milk yogurt, the Cabot 10% Classic Greek, at one store here - a Weis Market. Just tried some and it's delicious! My husband is laughing about me coming to the dark side since he's always eaten plain (preferably low-fat) yogurt and while mine used to be loaded with jam, jelly or other sweet flavoring.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Voskos Plain Original 16 oz is my absolute favorite. 20 g of fat per serving. Tastes wonderful.

Techie is offline Member
    I make it once a month by hand, takes 20 minutes of hands on time to do a 32oz

Buy gallon of whole milk (raw if you can find), heat it up in a crock lot then lower temp down to 100-110 ie. just put it in the oven, come back next morning and drain through a cheese clothe, dispose of water (whey, typ. Used in bread or sugary lemonade).

Put in fridge for 4 hours, consume within 72 hours as any new bacterial growth isn't the yogurt but rather foreign mold.

I like to blend it up, and add 1 tbsp of blueberry or strawberry jam to 1 cup of milk. Most of the yogurts sugar was fermented out (ie. Greek yogurt) so I consider this my 20% treat.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I decided to finally try greek yogurt so I bought some last night. Still can't find any that aren't ff, so I just bought a few small containers of store brand ff kind in plain. Only ingredients are skim milk and then 5 probiotic strains are added. I'm going to have it for breakfast with a bit of honey. Tomorrow I'll check a couple different stores and see if I can find some with fat
    *~Sara~*

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I actually like Fage 0% just fine. But for cooking in sauces, yogurt without fat falls apart more easily. Tough to find full fat around here. Even at the farmers market, the goat guy sells lowfat goat milk yogurt.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast