Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tis the season, so let's talk about pumpkin page 3

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Fitz-Hume View Post
    The only problem I see is that you didn't share the recipe! Can you post it? It sounds good.
    Here's the recipe I've already tried:
    Pumpkin Spice Hot Cereal | tgipaleo

And here's another that I'll be trying next (since I got the go-ahead from all you lovely primal people) although I might be making a few substitutions since I'm reluctant to go too fat-heavy in a meal that's mainly made of pumpkin:
    Fast Paleo Pumpkin Porridge - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site

JayGee is offline Member
    You can also take the above bread recipe and fry it in a pan to make pumpkin pancakes.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. I think I'll consider trying something similar.
    If you don't mind me asking, how active are you? Are you within my range (30-60 min brisk walk daily)? I'm just wondering if my exercise should change much if I'm adding in a bit more carbs, but my instinct says no.
    I'm not gopintos, but my ratios are similar to hers and I am terrible about exercise. I am currently eating 80-100g total carbs daily and even more before my diet was really primal. Still, the weight keeps coming off.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Tried the egg+pumpkin in the microwave...it was really good. Thanks for the recipe. Made one for tomorrow with a tsp of honey and some cinnamon.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. I think I'll consider trying something similar.
    If you don't mind me asking, how active are you? Are you within my range (30-60 min brisk walk daily)? I'm just wondering if my exercise should change much if I'm adding in a bit more carbs, but my instinct says no.
    I dont do much structured, and I seem to go in spurts, like lots one day, not so much the next, but I would say it is the equivalent at least. I have felt like doing more this week though.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PaleoCowgirl is offline Senior Member
    I don't do as well with squash or sweet potato, but my body LOVES pumpkin. Usually, I will just have it as a side with some cinnamon and stevia mixed in. I also add the egg and microwave it to make a custard. I also make a soup -- pumpkin, broth, ground turkey, bacon, onions, garlic....mmm!!! I love Practical Paleo's pumpkin pancakes -- basically pumpkin, baking soda and eggs, and I'm going to try The Food Lover's Chiffon Pumpkin Pie for the holidays.

I also keep my carbs very low to stay in ketosis and have found that 1/2-1 cup/day is just fine!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I really want to share something pumpkin-y with my family for Thanksgiving, as a side or dessert. If anyone wants to share recipes, please do! Warning: I am SUPER lazy and currently dairy-intolerant. The simpler/fewer ingredients, the better. Bonus points for vegan-friendly, but not required.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I really want to share something pumpkin-y with my family for Thanksgiving, as a side or dessert. If anyone wants to share recipes, please do! Warning: I am SUPER lazy and currently dairy-intolerant. The simpler/fewer ingredients, the better. Bonus points for vegan-friendly, but not required.
    This one's not vegan but it looks pretty simple, and the ingredients are all things you might have in your kitchen right now. Hope it turns out well!
    Grain Free Pumpkin Pie | Wellness Mama

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123