Thread: Is there anything other than kegels for pelvic floor page

sbhikes is online now Senior Member

Is there anything other than kegels for pelvic floor

Shop Now
    I'm in need of some serious pelvic floor help. Is there something other than kegels? I'm older now, I've had a hysterectomy (but not an oophrectomy so I'm not in menopause) and at this stage of my life, running, sneezing and certain other things are getting problematic.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Loved that Mama Sweat article.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Cool. Squats and planks and some stretching of the calves, hamstrings and groin. Sounds better than kegels for sure.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I am now changing up my "personal" fitness routine...

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Ttapp or the newer Callanetics or HABIT Pelvic Floor excercises. There are also little gadgets like vaginal weights or Kegelmaster that can be quite effective.

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    I loved that Mama Sweat article too - makes so much sense! Or is it me just hoping that my current strength training does me good even "down there"?
    Sbhikes, your new gym routine might be the way to go - ass-to-grass squats, if your trainer is good enough to allow them. I totally don't get why so many trainers want us to do squats without hitting the parallel and going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by inesenite View Post
    I loved that Mama Sweat article too - makes so much sense! Or is it me just hoping that my current strength training does me good even "down there"?
    Sbhikes, your new gym routine might be the way to go - ass-to-grass squats, if your trainer is good enough to allow them. I totally don't get why so many trainers want us to do squats without hitting the parallel and going all the way.
    I don't care if my personal trainer won't "allow" ass-to-grass squats. Once she's out of the room, I go all the way. I'll try them all the way in front of her next time to find out what she thinks of it. I don't recall her actually voicing an opinion, and when I did them with her, I was so sore from a previous workout I could barely do squats at all and she had to keep telling me to go lower.

I just hope all this stuff helps because I swear it's gotten worse lately. It may be a time of the month thing though. It seems that it gets bad for a while then goes away.