Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I would like some abs page 4

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r523/gadsiegadsie/D41E82D1-AB75-46E3-BD75-A26E3067F729-1055-000001482EA5EB2A.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like abs to me :-)

Just concentrate on getting stronger and eating enough, and you'll build muscle and your abs will develop.
    You may put increase your body fat % a little (though with your body type I doubt it), which you'll be able to lose quickly enough once you get to where you want to be.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Gadsie, you're killing me here. I get it though. You know better than to ask these questions on the Starting Strength Forums because they'll rip you a new one, so you're asking here.

Here's the answer to all 3 of the dumb threads you've got going right now: Get big and strong first. Eat 6,000 Calories a day. Do the Program as Rip wrote it. You're Not Doing The Program. Do the program. THEN get abs.

No way you are benching 130 and squatting 155 after 6 months following Starting Strength. Especially at 15 years old.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post

No way you are benching 130 and squatting 155 after 6 months following Starting Strength. Especially at 15 years old.
    Wait, you mean that you don't believe me in the sense that these numbers are very low right? Those are pounds, not kg. Unfortunately it's true
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Wait, you mean that you don't believe me in the sense that these numbers are very low right? Those are pounds, not kg. Unfortunately it's true
    I'm not doubting the numbers. I'm doubting that you achieved such poor success while following the Starting Strength program. Which, it is clear from several of your threads, (including this one), you are not doing.

If those were in kilograms and you were complaining about having 23% body fat, I'd have no problem believing that you are doing Rippetoe's program. But what you're doing isn't it. Starting Strength isn't a guideline for a lifestyle with 10 general laws to follow on an 80/20 basis, like Primal Blueprint. It's a specific program to make skinny 15-year olds get big and strong, not ripped and not healthy.

If you want to get big and strong, do Starting Strength now, put on 80 or 100 pounds of mixed mass, then do PB to lose the 40 or 60 pounds of blubber. If abs are more important to you, then don't. I don't care one way or the other. I'm just asking you to stop saying you're following Starting Strength when you're not.

I'm not doubting the numbers. I'm doubting that you achieved such poor success while following the Starting Strength program. Which, it is clear from several of your threads, (including this one), you are not doing.

If those were in kilograms and you were complaining about having 23% body fat, I'd have no problem believing that you are doing Rippetoe's program. But what you're doing isn't it. Starting Strength isn't a guideline for a lifestyle with 10 general laws to follow on an 80/20 basis, like Primal Blueprint. It's a specific program to make skinny 15-year olds get big and strong, not ripped and not healthy.

If you want to get big and strong, do Starting Strength now, put on 80 or 100 pounds of mixed mass, then do PB to lose the 40 or 60 pounds of blubber. If abs are more important to you, then don't. I don't care one way or the other. I'm just asking you to stop saying you're following Starting Strength when you're not.
    I would love to hear what I'm doing wrong because that would solve my problem
    Billie trips balls

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If you are young, don't waste time and energy on "doing abs" - they will come indirectly by doing larger movements such as squats, rows, benchpress ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I would love to hear what I'm doing wrong because that would solve my problem
    Worrying about abs and undereating are the first two things that come to mind. And it's a linear progression, where you squat 3 times a week. Your numbers are mathematically impossible if you are increasing your squat 10 lbs per workout for 3 workouts a week, over 6 months
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 11-08-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Worrying about abs and undereating are the first two things that come to mind. And it's a linear progression, where you squat 3 times a week. Your numbers are mathematically impossible if you are increasing your squat 10 lbs per workout for 3 workouts a week, over 6 months
    When it got heavier, I hurt my back because my form was getting off due to strength not increasing enough with the weight I lifted. So I had to deload 50lbs. And there were other times I deloaded with 10% because SS says to deload when you fail 3x in a row. Which is what I had to a lot with all lifts.
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie -

You're a nice kid, but you're a bit compulsive about your body weight. Starting Strength is a strength program, not an abs program. And not a health program. And you're not doing the program.

How many calories are you eating a day? Are you drinking a gallon of milk? I'm not necessarily advocating the program (It's a strength program, not a health program. I said that before, but it's important, since this is a health-based forum), but you're not doing the program.

Starting this thread is a thoughtcrime against Starting Strength. You're worrying about having abs. You're not doing the program.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gadsie -

You're a nice kid, but you're a bit compulsive about your body weight. Starting Strength is a strength program, not an abs program. And not a health program. And you're not doing the program.

How many calories are you eating a day? Are you drinking a gallon of milk? I'm not necessarily advocating the program (It's a strength program, not a health program. I said that before, but it's important, since this is a health-based forum), but you're not doing the program.

Starting this thread is a thoughtcrime against Starting Strength. You're worrying about having abs. You're not doing the program.
    Calories vary. I've been upping it more lately. Absolute lowest 3500. Highest 6100 something. 5000 usually. Lots of protein, lots of milk
    Billie trips balls

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast