Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Pregnancy - Done! page

abbyful is offline Member

Primal Pregnancy - Done!

Primal Fuel
    I know all pregnancies are different, and I may have had the same experience eating a SAD diet, but I really feel like eating primal helped me in pregnancy.

I had minimal symptoms during my pregnancy. In the first & second trimesters, I had pretty much zero symptoms (no nausea/vomiting, no cravings/aversions). In my third trimester, all I had was some mild heartburn and tiredness (just tiredness, not fatigue).

Pretty much all the weight I gained (18 pounds) was baby and related fluids, and it came off very quickly.

32 weeks pregnant:
    32weeks.jpg

1 week post-partum
    week1.jpg

6 weeks post-partum
    week6.jpg

8 weeks post-partum
    100_0589.jpg

Labor was pretty easy, relatively speaking. I started having contractions around midnight, 10 minutes apart. They stalled out a bit around 7-8am, then started picking up again around 10-11am. We went to Chipotle for lunch, I was timing my contractions on my phone. Went to the hospital around 3:30-4pm (had to convince my husband, he didn't think I was far enough in labor, he thought they would turn us away. I was dilated 6cm! Labor didn't "hurt" until my water broke at about 6-6:30pm. (I had a drug-free birth, we took Bradley classes which I think helped a lot.) Before 8pm, I gave birth to a 7 pound 15 oz baby boy.

I made tons of colostrum, the nurses were impressed! My baby was chugging the stuff!

Recovery was easy too. Right after getting stitched up after birth, so within an hour, I walked from the birthing room to the regular maternity hospital room (I guess most women use a wheel-chair at that point). I was getting around almost normally by the time I got home. Within a week, I was pretty much 100% back to normal.

And of course, can't have a pregnancy/baby thread without a picture of the "finished product"!
    100_0558.jpg

Lebafit is offline Junior Member
    Good for you abbyful. Congrats on the baby, so adorable

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Good for you...and what a cutie!
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

JayGee is offline Member
    You look fantastic! Congratulations! And your baby is too cute .

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Congratulations! I love reading about journeys like this.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

SanDiegoDude is offline Junior Member
    I'm not going to show this thread to my wife, who is 36 weeks pregnant. She's stuck mostly primal (probably 90/10, those occasional cravings would get to her after awhile) but she has had a heck of a time. First trimester and half of second was crippling morning sickness and food aversions (the meat aversions for a couple weeks in there were tough, but we managed with some creative cooking), then hemorrhoids and gallstones attacked. We spent a rough night in the ER during a massive gallbladder attack at 30 weeks (where the genius doctor told her to eat low fat and up her whole grain intake). The attack came after primal chicken enchiladas, which were very spicy and smothered in sour cream and cheese. We cut her dairy intake down (now she really only gets dairy in her Greek yogurt and heavy cream in her coffee) and has layed off the spices and she has been fine since.

On the plus side, thanks to her primal ways, she has only gained 20 lbs and its ALL baby (you can't even tell she's pregnant from behind) - her blood pressure is low, no gestational diabetes, and she gets compliments constantly on how great she looks. I'm hoping her recovery will be as swift and healthy as yours has been!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Abbyful! Great photos!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Abbyful, you little beauty. That is one very cute bambina, and you look absolutely amazing - so keep doing whatever you are doing girl.
    Well done
    Gwamma

oh and all the best for your birth San diego dude !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast