Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What worked for me? Why? page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

What worked for me? Why?

Primal Fuel
    Ok, laying it out there for all you people that really know what they are doing, or think they do..LOL

I started a weight loss program back in Feb of 2012. It was the Ideal protein diet. Pre packaged food, costs quite a bit of money. Ideal Protein Provides its Dieters with a Weight Loss Method and Diet that Works

Now, I went from 232 to 201 from Feb 21, to May 1st, no exercise at all. We thought we could just do it on our own, having protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, with veggies and then a full meal (protein and veggies) for supper. It's basically what the Ideal protein is. I started exercising some and got down to 190ish. Then all hell broke lose.

Wife is a fantastic baker and that's my weakness. We got a new Foster girl and she's never baked before and loves helping the Mrs. I PAY FOR IT.

I read the 4 hour body. Tried that. No whites, no refined, cheat one day a week, 4 hour body work out, 2-3 x week weights to fatigue, H.I.I.T. on the treadmill every other day. Nothing, stayed the same. Weight measurements etc, all the same.

Came across this site thru people bragging about it on 4 hour body, thought I'd give it a go. First thing I ran into was the potato diet. I did it, gave up today (day 7). Did I lose? Not sure as we bought a new scale as the old one (digital) gives you a different weight everytime you get on it. Felt weak on the potatoes, tired, slept a bunch more. But I did walk for 1 hour 3 times this last week, as well as split wood most nites. I also do the cold showers, cold pack on shoulders, taking the "wonder pill" Green Coffee Bean! Drink yerba mate tea all the time, drink plenty of water, get atleast 8 hours sleep a nite or more. Meditate for stress.

So?????? Why was I so successful on the expensive diet and can't do it on my own? What in the hell am I doing wrong?

Lose over 30 lbs in roughly ? 10 weeks and now can't lose anything???????

Also tried fasting, sauna all the time to sweat crap out of me?

Do I need a knife to cut it off? Lipo suction? Stomach stapled?

I really need help as the wife and I had a plan. If we both lost our target, we'd go south this winter (live in Canada), whoever did the best, got to choose. She's already won, long ago, but if I don't get there soon, I'll be 135 lbs lighter, (loss of wife). LOL

Sorry for the ramble.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Ignore the crap, read the book and start a Primal/Paleo lifestyle
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Ignore the crap, read the book and start a Primal/Paleo lifestyle
    this.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Ok......what is the "crap"?

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    the potato diet.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Diets! - Ideal Protein, 4 hour body, the Fruit, figs and flatulence diet...all crap.
    Read the book or at least read http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok......what is the "crap"?
    your entire post.

Read the Primal Blueprint, it shall enlighten you sir.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    You're all over the place. Get focused, read the Primal Blueprint and do what it says --- to the letter. Great that the little lady likes to bake --- counter productive to the two parents in the household. Ask the little lady to take up painting, scrap booking or chess. Kick the sugar and the carbs to the curb and get serious. The end.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

[QUOTE=bdilla;985447]your entire post.

LOL...not sure how to take that.????

I've been reading a lot, and I'm not sure what is different from the 4 hour body to Primal? Both talk about not eating refined, less exercise etc. Only differance I've seen so far is 4 hour uses legumes, Primal doesn't.

Am I missing something?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Take the baked goods to work or donate to bake sales.

The problem could be portion control or simply that you've already lost considerable weight and it's now tougher to lose. You're down to 190, how tall are you?

I agree with the others, go back to the basics. Skip the shakes and eat REAL food. Read the book or at least Mark's primer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast