Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What worked for me? Why? page 2

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I'm back up to 200 and been there for a long time. I'm 5'8" so I'm overweight by quite a bit.

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    I am sorry that the first thing you read was the Potato Diet. That was just somthing some people were playing around with. It is not the primal lifestyle by a long shot. It was people screwing around with a "hack." Many people got the results they were looking for, but it is not the primal way of eating. Please spend some time reading the site, Click on the "Start Here" button and get a good idea of what primal eating is all about. And read the book. Also, take a look at the Whole30 website and that is a very clean and strict version of primal that might be good for you. Seriously, read the "start here" information and then give it another go. Don't despair!

Also remember, Primal is not a "diet;" it is a way of eating. Not everyone eats this way to lose weight, but to eat real food to feel healthier and better without grains and processed "food."
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget that the Primal Blueprint also contains a fitness program. It's not an easy fitness program, but it also does not have you exercising for hours and hours and doesn't require purchasing equipment or a gym measurement.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Ignore the crap, read the book and start a Primal/Paleo lifestyle
    Yeah, you really just need read and follow the PB rather than the forums interpretation of it....or worse accidentally running into a thread that is just an experiment.

I did 4hr body and there are a couple of things different. Legumes is one. The free for all cheat day is another. His requirement to eat 3-4 meals/day vs the PB's eat when hungry and only to satiety. PB also alows for more variety of meals, as it does not HAVE to contain those same 3 components (beans, meat, veggies) each and every time. Seriously, read the book and give it a shot. I can't guarantee you will lose weight, but it is definitely healthier approach than the "shakes" thing and more sustainable than the 4hr body deal (IMO).

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    I digress.

The "first thing " I read was not the potato thread. I was reading for about a week on here, the getting started, the blueprint etc. I just thought I'd try it out and see what happened.

I'm just really frustrated, knowing I'm soaking in ice baths 2x a week and looking like an idiot,lol. Others swearing it works and I get nothing. Same with all the other stuff.

I know I don't really need a diet. I need to eat better. My daughter is a holistic Nutrianist for god's sake....LOL I just really want to get to where I should be (fast as I can) and eat healthy for the what's left of my life. And no, I didn't listen too much to my daughter in the past. At the time it seemed a little "twighlight Zone" to me. I'm learning...but slowly

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I digress.

The "first thing " I read was not the potato thread. I was reading for about a week on here, the getting started, the blueprint etc. I just thought I'd try it out and see what happened.

I'm just really frustrated, knowing I'm soaking in ice baths 2x a week and looking like an idiot,lol. Others swearing it works and I get nothing. Same with all the other stuff.

I know I don't really need a diet. I need to eat better. My daughter is a holistic Nutrianist for god's sake....LOL I just really want to get to where I should be (fast as I can) and eat healthy for the what's left of my life. And no, I didn't listen too much to my daughter in the past. At the time it seemed a little "twighlight Zone" to me. I'm learning...but slowly
    Like everyone is saying, just relax and purchase the book. Sit down, read it over a couple of days. It will enlighten you, sir.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    If you haven't gotten this message yet - get Mark's book The Primal Blueprint. Get off the internet, read it, all of it, follow it. Come back in 90 days if you feel like chatting.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

otzi Guest
    Forget all that Primal Blueprint crap. Just eat potatoes and paint your gonads with iodine--you will lose weight magically! Send me some money and it will happen even faster!

Just kidding. You are on the right track. Mark's Primal Blueprint and the free stuff on this website are all you need. Go here: Welcome to Mark’s Daily Apple | Mark's Daily Apple and click every link. Buy a book or two, download all the free e-books and spend a couple weeks reading his 'Definitive Guides" to stuff.

Stay off the forums for the first 6 months...you can do this on your own. When you have gotten considerably healthier, come back here and tell us how you did and let us know if you have any questions.

The Potato Diet is more of a parlour trick than a healthful pursuit. It will shred a few pounds of fat in short order, but you need to get all your ducks in line before doing anything like that.

Here is my one-liner on how to find eternal health and get to the weight you were meant to be: Eat real foods, get good sleep, exercise daily, and be mindful of the seasons in all you do.

Read the book and remember......weight loss is about less energy in then energy out. Primal makes it a lot easier and is much healthier then other energy deficit diets.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You have to be patient. It's tough, but it's true. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you won't lose it magically overnight. Your body may need time to heal various issues as you proceed on your weight loss journey, creating plateaus in pounds lost. Use a tape measure or clothing fit to determine your progress as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast