Thread: Science says raw foods not enough to grow big brains. page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Science says raw foods not enough to grow big brains.

Primal Fuel

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Well, the best way to test the hypothesis is to feed primates cooked meat and starch for a few million years and see if they turn into humans.

I'd support that research.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Fascinating. I love how they mentioned that they "counted" the neurons in 13 different primates. I'm just picturing them like, "twenty-seven billion, three hundred thirty nine thousand four hundred and three, twenty-seven billion, three hundred thirty nine..."

So we can actually attribute most of our ability for complex thought to the fact that we simply cooked food? Amazing.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Well, the best way to test the hypothesis is to feed primates cooked meat and starch for a few million years and see if they turn into humans.

I'd support that research.
    we can now create a race of super-apes by taking a small, controlled population of them and feeding them only cooked foods.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    I didn't read that link but have watched the doco on BBC called something like "Did fire make us human?"

I completely agree with the concept that cooking food is what caused a large jump in evolution for humans. The number of calories and nutrients that can be released from food compared to eating it raw is enormous.

Reminds me of these mislead souls that believe eating raw is the only way to go. Not for us it isn't. Not unless you have time to graze all day long.

peril is offline Senior Member
    "Science" is an amorphous entity with many hypotheses
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    i will continue to eat raw thank you very much, it works great for me
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Primal doesn't necessitate eating raw though does it? IMO Sisson advocates cooking - checkout the Primal Cookbook. THat has great recipes.

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
    Primal doesn't necessitate eating raw though does it? IMO Sisson advocates cooking - checkout the Primal Cookbook. THat has great recipes.
    Claims for the earliest definitive evidence of control of fire by a member of Homo range from 0.2 to 1.7 million years ago.

In short, we've always been cooking our food.