Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-7 Pound Gain in a Few Days All Water? page

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member

4-7 Pound Gain in a Few Days All Water?

Shop Now
    How much of this would you contribute to water weight retention? I weighed myself on about last Wednesday. The following Friday, Saturday and Sunday I ate quite a bit of nuts, had plenty of alcohol and some garlic bread (donít judge me it was our anniversary weekend). I weighed myself this morning and I saw a 4-7 pound gain. Iím thinking this is all water and will be gone in a day or two of strict primal meals and working out. Would you agree? BTW I am not all that concerned about the scale number but thinking this will be a good judge of how my body respond to off limit foods.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Water. It takes longer for it to depart than it did to gain, but it will go away. Happened to me 2 weeks ago. Gained 10 pounds in 2 days -- a combo of monthly cycle, a couple of bad food choices and a new exercise program.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yep, 10 pound bounce from a drunken restaurant eating birthday binge. It was gone in about three days for me. I wasn't primal at the time, but until it came off, I think I lived on lean burger and eggs, oh and coffee of course.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, if you've been eating normally and just had that one cheat, there's no way you can pack on that much fat that quickly.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Yeah that’s what I thought. I knew something was up when I awoke on Monday and I felt soft and it was hard to see muscle definition. That’s why I weighed myself cuz I had a feeling I was holding some water. I just didn’t thing that much. There’s a good chance I won’t do that again for a long while.
    Primal since Spring 2012

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Were you with me this weekend? Sounds like my meals.... I put on 5lbs. It will take a week to go away for me.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Were you with me this weekend? Sounds like my meals.... I put on 5lbs. It will take a week to go away for me.
    No but I'm sure it would be cool to hang out lol.
    Primal since Spring 2012

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I gain 2-3 lbs every weekend. Fortunately, I am able to get back to Primal on Sunday and scale is friendly again by Wednesday. I wish I could go weekend free for a couple of months, but so far no luck...
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

sezzajezza84 is offline Junior Member
    My weight has been creeping up nearly 2 kilos (5 lbs) in the past week or so, and I don't think my eating has changed (though I actually don't know what my calorie intake is, as I have never counted before).

I did start a more intense exercise regimen about 6 weeks ago though - going from walking a lot, to working out with kettle bells and body weight exercises, plus some sprinting and short bursts or cardio 3 x a week for about 45 mins plus stretching. Would some of that be muscle? I can't imagine all of it would be as I'm a woman and it's not like I'm doing any powerlifting, probably more endurance type of exercise. I'm assuming some of it would also be my muscles retaining water as they recover.
    I'm not too concerned as my clothes are still fitting well and I don't think I look any fatter. I could be pre-menstrual but my periods have been a little erratic since I lost a reasonable amount of weight (8 kilograms) a couple of years ago, so I can't really track my cycle anymore.

Sorry to threadjack, just seemed a relevant place to get some insight into what could be contributing to the scale creeping up!

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    speaking of weight gain, I haven't been cheating apart from 2 glasses of wine and sweet potatoes in the last 2 days. My scale was up 2 lbs this morning. This is after 3 straight weeks of not losing. Talk about disappointing. I have been consistent in diet and exercise is mostly Pilates (since I teach it) with a sprinkling of cardio. Guess I need more sprints. I do eat cheese, maybe more than I should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast