Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stubborn HDL Cholesterol page 2

thaedge is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    If you're not already you'll also want to supplement with vitamin D3 1000IUs/25 lbs of body weight after you get tested and see what your status is. My HDL didn't start moving up until my vitamin D levels rose to normal levels.
    I have been taking D3 but only 1000IU's per day. Does anyone have any further info on the 1000IU per 25 lbs of body weight dosage? I have not seen that recommendation. I have never been tested, but I am sure I am deficient, I wake up when its dark, go to work where there are no windows all day, and then get done when it's dark. I try to get out during the day for a 20-30 minute walk, but I live in New Hampshire, where the rays aren't especially strong anyways.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaedge View Post
    I have been taking D3 but only 1000IU's per day. Does anyone have any further info on the 1000IU per 25 lbs of body weight dosage? I have not seen that recommendation. I have never been tested, but I am sure I am deficient, I wake up when its dark, go to work where there are no windows all day, and then get done when it's dark. I try to get out during the day for a 20-30 minute walk, but I live in New Hampshire, where the rays aren't especially strong anyways.
    Vitamin D Council > About vitamin D > How to get your vitamin D > Vitamin D supplementation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12