Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly question about sprinting page 2

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you have access to a 400m track, you can sprint the straightaways and walk the corners, or vice versa. Do that for 4 laps and you are good to go. You should check out this post on Nerd Fitness about sprinting. It has alot of good info.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andyTHFC View Post
    If you have access to a 400m track, you can sprint the straightaways and walk the corners, or vice versa. Do that for 4 laps and you are good to go. You should check out this post on Nerd Fitness about sprinting. It has alot of good info.
    Thanks, lots of good ideas.

When I first started primal, I would do my heavy lifting then immediately after do a sprint workout where I would sprint down a straight away and walk the rest until the starting point. The track was indoors and was about half the size of a standard track.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Lately I have been "sprinting" for 40 seconds on the treadmill. Rest for exactly 40 seconds and go again. It helps you stay on top of the time, you can easily control the speed and you don't have to worry about weather, space, etc. Add a little elevation and it becomes quite the workout.

Some people may give you a few looks if you do interval training on a treadmill at the gym.
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 10-23-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    Sprint barefoot

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know I'm not the thread starter, but I want to thank everybody for their responses here anyway. Sprinting is the part of Primal Blueprint Fitness that I have done the worst job of implementing. It's something I want to fix, so the advice is helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12