Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tendonitis or what? page 2

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a massage therapist and regularly encounter this problem myself.

Sounds to me like it is tendinitis caused from repetitive stress. There could be some swelling within the joint that may not be noticible from the outside. I would ice and REST. When this happens in my wrists or elbows, I wear a brace for a few days, take a few days (or weeks) off and abstain from lifting until I have full range of motion.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Bunny, I hear ya about the angles. I can rep a 14kg dumbbell in the normal curl position - but I can't pick the empty bar off the floor!

Likewise as my arm tires I find you have to grip harder just to hold it, and run out of reps due to a sore grip before sore bicep/s.

Regarding probiotics, I knew those antibiotics wouldn't be good so as well as some capsules have got into making my own yogurt (if you can call store-bought powder 'DIY"?) http://www.easiyo.com/index.html

As for an anti-inflammatory diet, I DO take some fish oil caps and have been primal for the last 21 days (yep, today is the end of my 21 day challenge, yay!) However today is also the start of a 5 day "MOAR Taters" thing

AC

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    However today is also the start of a 5 day "MOAR Taters" thing
    Oh noooo! Hey, maybe read Pklopps theory about how the moar tater thing works before you go that route....http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread68571-6.html. Just scroll down to his response here. I'm not saying this hypothesis will hold true, but I do know that this "hack" is extremely low in protein so will NOT be lean mass sparing at all. I would at the very least add a couple scoops of whey to the mix if I were to do it. Well you did say five days.....not much can go horribly wrong in that time

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    More and more the consensus is that epicondylitis, medial and lateral, is spontaneous in origin, with no known cause. There have been studies to show that it comes on without any reason, and resolves with or without any specific treatment.

Therefore, this may go away on its own at some point, regardless of what you do to treat it.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Bunny, I hear ya about the angles. I can rep a 14kg dumbbell in the normal curl position - but I can't pick the empty bar off the floor!

Likewise as my arm tires I find you have to grip harder just to hold it, and run out of reps due to a sore grip before sore bicep/s.

Regarding probiotics, I knew those antibiotics wouldn't be good so as well as some capsules have got into making my own yogurt (if you can call store-bought powder 'DIY"?) http://www.easiyo.com/index.html

As for an anti-inflammatory diet, I DO take some fish oil caps and have been primal for the last 21 days (yep, today is the end of my 21 day challenge, yay!) However today is also the start of a 5 day "MOAR Taters" thing

AC
    For sure, it can be so frustrating when the muscles say yes, we're good to go, but the tendons say nooo!

Good for you making your own yoghurt. Fresh fish and seafood are better sources than supplements for omega 3 if you like them. Taters are great for electrolytes but avoid the skins as they have inflammatory properties.

I drive a lot more than I used to and that appears to have been an exacerbating factor for me. Especially having to parallel park, even with power steering. Fortunately I don't have to parallel park very often anymore due to taking up a new job recently and switching gym.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12