Thread: Spamming members... page

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member

Spamming members...

Shop Now
    Why is it that this site has the most spammers that I have ever seen in my interneting career... Nay... Life? I constantly see advertisements occampanied by fucking jibberish about stupid shit posted on these forums.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

So far, two members who strike me as spammers (for good reason):

S9ch8ult7e
    ronadstoke8

In fact... They might even be the same person/organization/server/what-the-fuck-ever
    Last edited by joelwlcx; 10-23-2012 at 12:24 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Unfortunately, Mark's worker bees are all in Cali, that I can tell. If it's not business hours PST, they don't mod. Numerous long term, active members in different time zones have volunteered to be mods, but Mark has not taken any up on that offer, to my knowledge.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Forum needs more mods... seriously. Those spammers REALLY irritate me!! You just need a few trustworthy people who log on frequently to go through and delete, delete, delete!

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Well, there are also neo-Nazis and they seem to be cultivated.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    It gets bad once in a while but this is one of the best sites I have seen for not much spam. Maybe I get on after the anti spammers have done there work. And please - no mods. Just ignore posts that you dont like. This is a relatively civilized forum and we dont need ego trippers mod'ing. Free speech and all. Ones idea of "good" moderating is not necessarily anothers. Keep up the good work to those who remove spam

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I spot a spammer, I report it. That little black triangle at the bottom left of the post takes you to a report box. It's not quite as satisfactory as bashing a spammer over the head with a club, but it's better than nothing! And it probably helps the mods find the spammers quickly.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Same thing here - click on the Triangle of Death on the bottom left.

I do think there's a HUGE difference between mods that remove spam and mods that remove "irritants" that some may find objectional. Ditch the spam, but please don't ever start with the finger-pointing and "they hurt my widdle feewings" bullshit. Been there, done that, not on that forum anymore.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I agree about pointing fingers, and huwt my wittwu feeweens.... I was referring only to people who post obvious advertisements all over the forums.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    keep hitting the report button, the spam is tame compared to what it could be
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!