Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pants getting looser, gut is still the same??! page 2

Java Beansoup is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for all the great advice. Sounds like I just need to be patient and keep doing what I'm doing. Also, sounds like I need to focus on building up those muscles. I will admit, my weight training has been focused more on upper body. Sounds like I have to intentionally train harder on legs and glutes.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Beansoup View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I have been primal for about 3.5 months now. I love it. Lots of people have noticed a difference in the way I look. Initially I started PB on accident. A friend recommended the book and I started reading it but I didn't really know why. I was jarred by what I was reading and made instant changes to my diet. I am 47 and I've kept myself in decent shape over the years but I can say after 3 and a half months of PB and being consistent with the workout and eating habits, I am in the best shape I've been in over 20 years and I want to keep going. But one thing that has been bugging me is that the belly fat is really slow to come off. In fact, my pants keep getting looser but my gut is still the same and has been for about 2 months now. Initially I lost about an inch and a half off my gut and then it stopped coming off. I think my butts disappearing and thats why my pants keep getting looser. I really want to get that last bit of belly fat gone and I don't want to loose any more of my sorry lookin' @$$. Any suggestions? As far as exercise goes, I like to mix things up between running 3-5 miles once a week, cross-fit workouts 2-3 xs a week, and weight training 2-3 times a week. I play softball on a men's team once a week.

I have heard that stress causes our bodies to secrete cortisol which causes excess belly fat. But as a business owner, I don't know that there is an easy answer on avoiding stress.
    Have you been pregnant and given birth? Your rectus abdominus muscles could be separated, even if the last child you had was years ago.

Do you work on your core? That could be a simple answer. Although, I have this little 'pooch' that has appeared over the past 5 years despite how slim my waist gets. It is what it is. I think that won't go unless I have it cut off. It isn't much, but it is a change with my age (also 47).

Um, you are a guy? I guess I had to go and edit what I said. Listen to everyone else.

~Pam
    Last edited by PHaselow; 10-24-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12