Thread: Body Temperature Question page

gopintos is offline Senior Member

Body Temperature Question

Shop Now
    I know it was most recently discussed on the tator thread, to chart your temps, but I was afraid my question might get lost.

So I was wondering, what exactly do our temps tell us? I know it's lower in the morning, higher later in the day. But I am wondering how much should I expect it to rise during the day, and when should I be concerned if it isnt changing much?

I dont have a normal pattern yet, but usually like 97.5 up to 98.4 however today it was 97.3 at 5:15 am (which may have been earlier than I have taken it before) but it only went up to 97.5 at 7:30pm (an hour after dinner)

I am not very consistent with my times, so maybe that is one of the keys to the equation.

Thanks!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Lower than normal temps may be an indication of thyroid issues since thyroid function and hormones help regulate a normal body temperature.

There isna range that is considered to be normal of course and an occasional lower number is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a long-term trend of being well below normal that indicates that there may be issues.