Thread: workout ideas? page

breetbree is offline Senior Member

workout ideas?

Shop Now
    what would you consider the best full body calisthenics workout that hits every muscle group? numbers of sets? rest periods? thanks!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    PBF, CC or YAYOG!
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I've been pretty impressed with Convict Conditioning. (As in, I personally am getting really good results from this program.) Building the Gymnastic Body seems pretty good too.

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    i know the exercises you do in convict conditioning, but aren't there also easy ways to progress into doing the one armed push ups and all that stuff? and how much does that cost?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Nothing hard is easy just rewarding. The book is worth its weight in gold but if you don't want to buy it there are lots of internet resources and youtube videos.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Diogenes is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Convict Conditioning taught me how to make my own program. I am following one of the programs in the book by and large, but adding some things, changing some things, skipping others. My primary concern at this point is avoiding overtraining, so I am taking things nice and slow. Two years from now, I would like to be better than ever, not tired and sore.

I think Convict Conditioning is the best bodyweight exercise book out there if you were to limit yourself to one. It provides a strong, no-nonsense base, and emphasizes the importance of rest and allowing time for joints and connective tissue to strengthen. There will be plenty of time to branch out and modify once you build a good fitness base to build upon. Then you can look at CC2, You Are Your Own Gym, Naked Warrior, Raising the Bar, etc.