Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting again - struggling :( page

Amylouk is offline Junior Member

Starting again - struggling :(

Shop Now
    Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum but not to eating primal. Unfortunately over the past few months, i've really slipped and to my shame I have been eating terrible foods, such as chips (big bags) and whatever else I fancy. I really have been just giving into my cravings without any regard for my health or how much those cravings will come back to haunt me.

I really want to get back to my healthy way of eating, I love primal and I feel so good when I eat right. I don't know if it's a form of self-sabotage but just when things are going well for me, I fling myself off the wagon and I really don't want that to happen again because it's getting harder to get back up each time.

I'm already struggling to think about this weekend and how I won't be able to have a big bag of chips as my reward.
    Hello to everyone and hopefully this time will be different.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    get a potato

bake it, broil it, roast it, boil it, fry it, whatever tickles your fancy

add salt

add whatever else you want on it

enjoy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Jena is offline Senior Member
    You can do it! Life is hard and eating crap only makes it harder. I imagine how good you will feel when you can wake up Monday morning knowing that you ate real, good foods all weekend! You'll do great!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amylouk View Post
    Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum but not to eating primal. Unfortunately over the past few months, i've really slipped and to my shame I have been eating terrible foods, such as chips (big bags) and whatever else I fancy. I really have been just giving into my cravings without any regard for my health or how much those cravings will come back to haunt me.

I really want to get back to my healthy way of eating, I love primal and I feel so good when I eat right. I don't know if it's a form of self-sabotage but just when things are going well for me, I fling myself off the wagon and I really don't want that to happen again because it's getting harder to get back up each time.

I'm already struggling to think about this weekend and how I won't be able to have a big bag of chips as my reward.
    Hello to everyone and hopefully this time will be different.
    You also need to stop thinking of food as a reward. Go for a walk, read a book, go out with friends, or if you really need some food a nice bowl of berries and some dark chocolate...or a nice juicy lamb chop.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Amylouk is offline Junior Member
    Love that potato idea!!

Thank you Jena.

Yes you're right of course Dirlot - I shouldn't and wish I didn't think of food as a reward. Food growing up for us was a way our family bonded, it signified a treat/love etc. I always associate it with being nice to myself or my fiance. So it's hard to change that way of thinking. I love eating and cooking so making nice recipes isn't a problem however which is my one saving grace.

Also, love the idea of a juicy lamb chop!

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    I was very fond of chips also.... bacon and pork rinds help if I am struggling... good luck!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yep me too - loved chips, especially salty ones. Now I buy pork bellies or crackling, cut it up into bite sized pieces, and bake it until crispy. Once I have drained the fat off, and let it go cold, I salt it and put it in a tupperware container all set for my crunchy snacks !!!!
    best snack I have ever eaten !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Chicken skins. When I make curry or stir fry with the thighs, I save the skins. That I put on a greased skin and season with whatever seasoning comes to mind - Old Bay, garlic salt, whatever. Put it in the oven at 350 and watch carefully so they don't burn. Very yummy and satisfying too!

Pork rinds are good too.

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    yeah,
    shit happens,
    I'm just getting over my milkyway fix,
    new day,,,
    do over

jonnyhollis is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yeah, I seem to go about 5 days pure primal followed by a carb crash. I'm fine in the day, every day but the pressure seems to build up from around 8pm every night. I think the solution is to go 21 days and reprogramme. I've not managed it yet.

What helps me, sometimes, is having lots of primal food around. Especially snacks like nuts and dried fruit and then something for smoothies, especially with a cup of cocunut cream. So you've always got something primal to eat when the cravings come. Also removing all the 'treats' helps remove the temptation, if you can. I can't unless I remove the kids and the veggie wife. Which might not be a bad idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast