Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become cold, flu and sinus infection free. page

Belforte is offline Senior Member

How to become cold, flu and sinus infection free.

Shop Now
    It is the middle of October, summer has continued with beautiful weather and I have had a really nasty cold/flu thing for the last week. I will be the first to put my hand up and say that I have not been eating optimally for the last few months but for me that still does not explain it as others I know who do not eat well never get a cold or flu.

As I work for myself, it is really important to stay in tip top condition. I know that I seem to have a 'weakness' for cold and flu and sinus but I feel I must be missing something or that I need extra of something.

I was listening to Underground Wellness this morning the broth episode with Lance Roll and her said you can add herbs for particular healing is there a herb that can nip this stuff in the bud. I have been having my chicken stock etc and I plan to make more this week. I am also getting back into the swing of things diet and exercise wise,but do you good people have any suggestions that I can add to my routine.

Thanks for reading.
    Life. Be in it.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Question marks will do you good.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    I'm seriously tempted to give the correct, logical advice: "Die," but I know that some people won't like it.
    Is it me or there is dehumanization in process or dehumanization process? Whatever it is I don't like it. Enjoy your occasional cold.
    Last edited by anna5; 10-22-2012 at 05:04 AM.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you already know what you need to be doing. There's no magical cure.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    In the past I've been very prone to sinus infections. So far this year I've had the beginnings of 2 colds that did not turn into full on sinus infections or even real colds. Here's what I think made a difference: 1) Vitamin D 5,000 IU and Vitamin C 2000 daily increased to 4000 at the beginning of cold, 2) neti pot daily 3) Hydrogen Peroxide in the ear and gargled (diluted with warm water) at the very beginning of the cold. Along with a a pretty clean diet of course.
    Hydrogen Peroxide For Colds and Flu 3/13/02

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had a cold or sinus infection since I went primal about 18 months ago. Previously I was very prone throughout the winter.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 10-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I get a little rundown when those about me have full-on colds, so I figure I'm getting the colds but not suffering as I used to. Similarly, I used to suffer a lot of rhinitis, but no more. Eat well and supplement vitamin D. Get plenty of sleep and move slowly a lot. But you knew that already
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    In the past I've been very prone to sinus infections. So far this year I've had the beginnings of 2 colds that did not turn into full on sinus infections or even real colds. Here's what I think made a difference: 1) Vitamin D 5,000 IU and Vitamin C 2000 daily increased to 4000 at the beginning of cold, 2) neti pot daily 3) Hydrogen Peroxide in the ear and gargled (diluted with warm water) at the very beginning of the cold. Along with a a pretty clean diet of course.
    Hydrogen Peroxide For Colds and Flu 3/13/02
    My physcian got really grumpy when i told him that i was putting hydrogen peroxide in my ears. He stated that it would thin the membrane in the ear and i would get more infections. Of course i was doing it daily because they itched frequently.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I've found that dairy products tends to make my sinuses act up. I really love cheese, but seldom have more than an ounce every couple of days.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I used to get sinus headaches and a summer cold. I moved to a more congested city, but in a hotter climate. No more sinus headaches, but I got my summer cold. I guess it's my body's way of telling me that once a year, I need to put on my Eeyore jammies, lay in bed with a good (or trashy) book, and drink lots of spicy, peppery soup. Sometimes I'll even have a mini pity party - why oh why do I have to get summer colds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast