Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to become cold, flu and sinus infection free. page 2

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    I would love to have a pity party JoanieL but I think the reality is, it is the chink in my armour as it would seem to be yours. There are people a lot sicker than me, but it is frustrating when you work for yourself.

Urban Forager, thanks for that information, I might just mail order some vitamin d for the winter. I think I have underestimated stress and over estimated diet quality for the last few months.

The 7 helpful comments were great. Thanks.
    Life. Be in it.

Baba is offline Member
    I don't get colds any more. I put it down to vitamin D, C and zinc, plus a cold shower every morning.

Misti is offline Member
    I agree that vitamins D and C and zinc are a big help overall -- as is eating right and sleeping enough. But I also use black elderberry syrup when I know I'm going to be around a lot of sick people or when I start to feel run down after ahving been around a lo of sick people. So far,it seems to have worked. Sambucol has even kept me from getting my formerly " obligatory" after flight cold.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    I would love to have a pity party JoanieL but I think the reality is, it is the chink in my armour as it would seem to be yours. There are people a lot sicker than me, but it is frustrating when you work for yourself.

Urban Forager, thanks for that information, I might just mail order some vitamin d for the winter. I think I have underestimated stress and over estimated diet quality for the last few months.

The 7 helpful comments were great. Thanks.
    I wasn't making fun of you, I was making fun of me. wow

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My winter sinus infections disappeared when I started humidifying my apartment (which I started because my guitars were drying out). I don't take anything that reduces or slows mucus- I might sometimes take Mucinex, which causes more mucus flow, to wash the nastiness out. Neti pots are better for that, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12