Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coconuts and almonds page 3

Screamer is offline Member
    Thanks Lady Grok

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    But of course! Seriously, if you're just starting out, the best thing to know: eat whole foods in the most unprocessed forms you can find. Get some exercise in. And plan your menus around the stuff that's primal, but that you know you like. There are tons of recipes online, but as long as you're realistic about it, things don't have to be too disruptive to your life. You have plenty of time to try all the crazy new stuff down the road.
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Yeah that's true, I think I just like to plan ahead and there is some worry about the amount of fat i'm putting into my body with this, even if it is good fat. I just want to make sure i'm doing enough exercise per this plan and eating the right foods with the right proportions. I think the 21 day plan will help that too

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow - I live just a couple of miles away, near Finsbury Park! I love the local Turkish shops too - great variety of veg, olives, oils etc.

I've bought Bionta - it's definitely fine, the cheapest price I've found is 14.80 for an 800g tub of Nutiva, from a health food shop in Crouch End (yeah, I was surprised too!).

Haha awesome! We should meet up to talk 'paleo' or go do some paleo fitness in the park! Until i sprained my ankle recently i was football training in Finsbury park every week!

Where do you buy your meat?

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I buy my meat in butchers in Crouch End (Morley's or Freemans) or Green Lanes (Baldwins) - I live near both. I also sometimes buy meat from M&S or Waitrose. I've also bought some buffalo from these people Alham Wood Organics Home Page who sell at my nearest farmer's market (and probably the one in Stoke N too). I'm not hugely organised about meal planning, shopping or cooking yet, I hope to improve at this.

We should meet up sometime! I think there was some discussion in the UK/ROI group about meeting in London at some point.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great well keep me posted if you hear anything about that. The farmers market in stokie is really good but super expensive. Same as whole foods. but i've found out that my local butchers on Stoke Newington High Street actually only sells grass fed beef and lamb and do sell free range chickens too - they are really reasonable so that's a WIN.

Lets PM about a meet up and compare local notes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123