I'm sort of avoiding writing 'hitting rock bottom' because it's not quite accurate.

Anyways, my name is Heather, and I'm 32 years old, living in Melbourne Australia.

I did a Paleo diet for about 2 weeks as part of a naturopath's recommendations about 2 years ago. It was really, super strict and I had sugar and caffeine withdrawal like you wouldnt believe (or maybe you would!)

So, I've been putting weight on steadily since then, and most of it is around my belly. I'm used to people on public transport getting up for me now as they think I'm pregnant. I'm sort of OK with that, but the worst thing is the fatigue. I have got a thyroid issue- only mild- and I'm on medication for that. I sort of figured once I went on it (about a year ago) that my problems would go away but not at all. I've suffered moderate-extreme levels of depression for about 10 years, and I have a 'nap' pretty much every day...only that nap has gone from being 45min to an hour to 2-3 hours.... Then on Saturday, I slept for 7 hours straight on a beautiful sunny day....

So, I've cut out grains, sugar, processed foods but I'm still trying to figure out what this should 'look like' for me right now. I'm not 100% sure of what the diet should, and shouldn't include; Is dairy OK, is some caffeine OK, are potatoes OK.......

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this. I may well add some pics to really make it real!!!!!