Thread: Compliments are rolling in! page

Pilatesmom is offline Member

Compliments are rolling in!

Shop Now
    Been primal about 6 weeks now, so still very new to it, but already have received several compliments about how good I look and asking how much I have lost. The scale hasn't moved a whole lot, about 7 lbs, but my body is changing and my attitude has too. I feel much more confident and have a new sense of identity and assuredness that I never had before finding PB.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    EXCELLENT!
    Ditch the scale and focus on those body changes, they are more telling than anything else. Take body photos and body measurements if you want to how your body is changing over time.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    ^ What Dirlot said. Photos make a world of difference. Stick with it and enjoy the changes!
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats and don't worry. The scale will reflect weight loss eventually. You'll hit a couple "dead" spots where you know you must be losing but the scale doesn't show it. I step on the scale every 3 weeks or so just for some positive reinforcement but I feel way lighter than the scale reflects.

Jer37208 is offline Member
    around the six week mark is when things started happening for me as well, congrats!

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Great to hear. It seems like scale weight loss comes in bunches. You can weigh yourself once a week for like 3 weeks and see the number getting smaller. Then you can weigh yourself for a couple of weeks and the number won't budge or even go up a number or three. Point is use the scale as a reference. The way clothes fit is a better barometer and as long as the same ppl see that you are changing should be enough for you to know everything is working like it should. I am on this 6 weeks weight lifting program. I am on week 2 and I took a couple of pics at the start. Can't wait to compare them at the 6 week mark.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    EXCELLENT!
    Ditch the scale and focus on those body changes, they are more telling than anything else. Take body photos and body measurements if you want to how your body is changing over time.
    Ditto. I've not lost anything (I was a rather healthy weight when I started) but I LOOK thinner and feel better. Measure, maybe keep the scales if they do body-fat%, though, that's one to keep an eye on.
    Congrats!