Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: George McGovern has died page 4

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    Well, I think I am probably done posting on this site. The post was not an attack on McGovern but his committee and it's policy which created government guidelines and the food pyramid and gave the USDA a boost in influence. Making statements like it's up to the individual to make food choices shows how much ability some people have to think outside their own perceptions. Not everyone has the ability to make food choices which are healthy. If you grew up in the US and went to public schools the meal every day was USDA guidelines. If you were a poor family your supply of food was USDA guideline provided by the government. Even if you were not being aided by government assistance but were a lower income family, your first choice would likely be grain based foods subsidized to lower costs to feed a family. Hospitals serve USDA guideline food every day to the patients. Seriously, some you folks are really clueless outside your own reality and the big picture McGovern's actions created in the world at large.

bye
    You need to butch up. Food and Nutrition Blogs have traditionally been the domain of the the authoritarian left. The primal and paleo movement have brought in a huge number of liberty minded folks to the nutrition world, and that is great, but the notion that everything is going to change overnight and you'll get an entire board to agree with you is quite unrealistic. Instead of running away (which is what Food Nazis like McGovern want), why not stick around and engage people? A lot of people get caught up in the authoritarian left because they just aren't aware of the alternatives. The mainstream media works extremely hard perpetuating the myth that the only ideologies one can have are either Authoritarian Right or Authoritarian Left. Show people there is another way. Education and engagement is the only way to win hearts and minds.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    You sir are an idiot. Nowhere in my post was I cheering for the man's death. His death brought forth my remembrance of his blunder in policy and all the ramifications which followed. Fuck off.
    weren't you going to go bye bye cause you were all butt hurt?

Moochy is offline Senior Member

For jakey, the dickhead

I won't see if he replies as he is on permanent ignore. He called me out for bringing up McGovern's congressional government food policy implementation...well it appears jakey has company. John McDougall agrees with jakey who apparently, based on his response to me, agrees with McGoverns moronic conclusion that fat causes heart disease which morphed into everyone should eat lots of grains.

My post was about the McGovern report. Read the first post and watch the videos. Nowhere in my verbiage did I attack the man's character.
    jakey then went on to say I cheered for the man's death:

"honestly, this is your reaction? you cheer for someone's death, others disagree, so you decide to stop participating on the forum altogether? see ya!"

I voted for McGovern and supported his work to end the Viet Nam war.

Again, fuck off jakey.
    Last edited by Moochy; 11-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

wait, really, weren't you going to permanently leave the forum, after your big huff-puff? are you reviving this thread that's been dead since 10/24?

and - last question - are you actually going to pretend that you're not going to read my reply?

-jakey, the dickhead, who still hasn't fucked off, cause i don't whine about shit, i just ignore people or quit commenting.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It never fails. No matter what kind of board, the ones that are the biggest drama queens about their exit always come back.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It never fails. No matter what kind of board, the ones that are the biggest drama queens about their exit always come back.

I don't know. I haven't seen fiercehunter in a while.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I guess I missed her exit manifesto. Her last post was something about calories.

Looks like Attria and Taubes are calling out McGovern's judgment and implementation on world nutritional food policy. McGovern's moronic blunder in intellectual understanding ushered in obesity and diabetes worldwide. Wonder if jakey will email Attria and Taubes his opinion of what jerks they are?
    Last edited by Moochy; 12-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

moochy, one month later, and you still can't get over it! and you're still on here! what a sour puss! move on in life, loser. and don't pretend you're not going to read this.

McGovern Report

The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs, chaired by Senator George McGovern, released, in 1977, its "Dietary Goals for the United States," designed to reduce fat intake and avoid cholesterol-rich foods. These dietary goals became become official government policy.

hmmm, apparently another doctor opposed to McGovern's decision...when will they learn?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234