Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Hi everyone, I'm new here, 2 and 1/2 months primal and losing lots

Threaded View

Hi everyone, I'm new here, 2 and 1/2 months primal and losing lots

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I've gleaned quite the bit of information from all mark's posts and the comments as well. I have been basically paleo for two and a half months. I am 6 foot tall and at the start I weighed a bit over 210. I now weigh 186, it just keeps coming off. My diet consists of steak, chicken, eggs, tuna, sausage, spinach, kale, broccoli, and other random veg that are moderate in carbs. I also liberally use butter, olive, and grapeseed oils when applicable. I have been "restricting" my calories in that I have not been as hungry, I do not worthlessly snack in the same fashion as I did, I eat now when I'm actually hungry, I don't eat right before sleeping, and I hardly drink any calories (almond/coconut milk). I do lift moderately and have noticed a marked increase in muscle. Is the rate that I am currently losing (roughly 24lbs in two and a half months) healthy? Should I increase my carbs slightly, or just go to town on my foods I am currently eating, or am I just doing well and shouldn't worry? I appreciate any input, and thank you all for this source of information (both marks posts and your "in the field" commentary)

P.S. also little additional back info, I've been overweight to varying degrees all my life, struggling with what seemed to be a dietary system that made no sense. This amount of loss to me is just surprising and frankly makes me feel quite foolish for not having realized earlier in my life, also spawning the worry as to if it is indeed safe or not.
    Last edited by On the up; 10-21-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: adding something