Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Older SheGroks: Pelvic organ prolapse and exercise HELP WANTED page 3

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Calling a uro-gynecologist this morning. Let's cross our fingers that she will see me before the New Year. *sigh*

I might have to have my husband (MD) pull rank. I can't go months without knowing what is going on here...

I put a humongous caramel apple in my grocery cart this morning, telling myself I'll just eat one slice. Knowing better, I put it back at the end of my shop.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Calling a uro-gynecologist this morning. Let's cross our fingers that she will see me before the New Year. *sigh*

I might have to have my husband (MD) pull rank. I can't go months without knowing what is going on here...

I put a humongous caramel apple in my grocery cart this morning, telling myself I'll just eat one slice. Knowing better, I put it back at the end of my shop.
    Best of luck w/ your appt. I work for a general surgeon and he recommended a I see a fellowship trained uro-gyn surgeon even though I really wanted him to do the surgery if needed.

BTW, does 'imaginary' shopping for sweets count as a cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Best of luck w/ your appt. I work for a general surgeon and he recommended a I see a fellowship trained uro-gyn surgeon even though I really wanted him to do the surgery if needed.

BTW, does 'imaginary' shopping for sweets count as a cheat?
    Can't see the MD until the end of December, so I made an appointment to see her nurse practitioner in 2 weeks. I just can't wait 2 months. Sex life sucks, too... so I know my husband can't wait 2 months!

Imaginary shopping better not count as a cheat or else I am living the 20/80 Primal lifestyle instead of 80/20!

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    ...What I want you to know is that this type of hysterectomy only takes the uterus. You are left with your cervix, ovaries, and all the ligaments that keep you from peeing uncontrollably. You will not dry up. Neither the quantity nor the quality of my orgasms changed. Sex was exactly the same except I could no longer get pregnant - at 40, this was only a relief. You will not grow a beard - that only happens if they take your ovaries, and there are meds for that, and it doesn't sound like ovaries are your issue...
    i just wanted to ditto what Joanie said - i didn't have pelvic floor problems but i did have an out of control mushy uterus (adenymiosis, or something like that) which tormented me for years with pain and incessant bleeding. I tried everything before coming to the conclusion that hysterectomy was the answer. Luckily for me, i had a dr who could perform it laproscopically. IT IS AMAZING!!! After all those years of suffering, i have truly never felt better. In fact, that plus no wheat has improved my life dramatically!!!

i was out walking in the neighborhood the day after i got home and i went for an ez hike in the woods the day after that. What i'm trying to say is that the recovery time is very quick and i was back on my bike w/in 6 wks.

i have a friend who also had the same type of surgery for prolapsed uterus and i believe she's very happy with the results.

edit: i was 38 and i think my friend was about the same or maybe 40 when this procedure was done
    Last edited by Catherine; 10-22-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding info that Kegels can actually cause damage to the pelvic floor, not help it. Check out this link.
    Katy Says
    ~Sandy

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Mama Sweat: Pelvic Floor Party: Kegels are NOT invited.
    That's an interview with the aforementioned Katy and someone to encourages kegels. Really interesting! It makes a lot of sense, the way they describe a need for even muscle use (like working your pecs will mess up your back, if you don't work them evenly), and how squats can help.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Mama Sweat: Pelvic Floor Party: Kegels are NOT invited.
    That's an interview with the aforementioned Katy and someone to encourages kegels. Really interesting! It makes a lot of sense, the way they describe a need for even muscle use (like working your pecs will mess up your back, if you don't work them evenly), and how squats can help.
    Second this article. Many pelvic floor issues that are not related to childbirth seem to be caused by bad posture habits or straining during bowel movements.

I am 49 (almost 50) and was taught to tuck in my bum and hold in my abs: a recipe for pelvic floor prolapse! Fortunately, when I was 36, I took private dance/movement lessons & my younger teacher taught me to relax my belly & let my spine curve naturally. Squats are the best!

I also recommend proper "potty posture". Check out the Squatty Potty site for more info.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Can't see the MD until the end of December, so I made an appointment to see her nurse practitioner in 2 weeks. I just can't wait 2 months. Sex life sucks, too... so I know my husband can't wait 2 months!

Imaginary shopping better not count as a cheat or else I am living the 20/80 Primal lifestyle instead of 80/20!
    Maybe this would be a good time to hone your non-penetration sex skills (and his).

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Maybe this would be a good time to hone your non-penetration sex skills (and his).
    Or hire a stunt double.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    lol!

:::whisper::: no, don't do that, he might like it too much

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast