Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soup recipes with heavy cream... post here please page 2

Dynamo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    It's soup season... looking for some new soup recipes that have heavy cream in them. Here are my favorites:

Roasted Broccoli Cheddar Soup
    Roasted Broccoli Cheddar Soup | she cooks…he cleans

Creamy Tomato Basil and Cheddar Soup
    Tomato, Basil, and Cheddar Soup | More Fruit Please

New England Clam Chowder
    New England Clam Chowder « The Domestic Man
    (I omitted the potato starch)
    I think I know the answer to this but would prefer to be wrong... Do you know, or have you ever, frozen the Roasted Broddoli Cheddar Soup? I read it is not easy to reheat a cheese/cream based soup. I tend to cook in larger quantities and freeze. I am thinking this will not work with this recipe? Thanks so much for sharing! It looks and sounds amazing!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    the best soup ive ever had was one i made just dicking around in the kitchen one day. so easy and so delicious.

1 can or 400g of pumpkin puree, or butternut squash puree, ive even done it with mashed banana, so really mashed anything.
    1 and 2/3 cup coconut milk(have also used cream)
    114g celery
    100g chopped spinach
    100g chopped carrots
    50g chopped mustard greens
    50g spicy mustard
    42g honey
    chili powder
    red pepper flakes
    cinnamon
    ginger
    black pepper
    pinch of salt

steam the carrots/celery/greens for a bit then throw it all in a pot with the other stuff and stir until warm to your liking. also can be done in the microwave.

especially good if you make some coconut flour dumplings to put on top. 1 egg, 10g coconut flour, and spices and drop into soup as its heating.
    I am going to try this, with some coriander in it.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    I think I know the answer to this but would prefer to be wrong... Do you know, or have you ever, frozen the Roasted Broddoli Cheddar Soup? I read it is not easy to reheat a cheese/cream based soup. I tend to cook in larger quantities and freeze. I am thinking this will not work with this recipe? Thanks so much for sharing! It looks and sounds amazing!
    No, I don't freeze, but re-heat everyday for lunch or dinner on the stovetop. I just don't ever bring to a boil.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I recently discovered that butter chicken is basically garlic, garam masala and cream. Yes, it was awesome.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I recently discovered that butter chicken is basically garlic, garam masala and cream. Yes, it was awesome
    you can use coconut milk instead of the cream and it is also pretty tasty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12