Thread: The Human Planet page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

The Human Planet

Shop Now
    Amazing stuff this week. I'm watching it now.

Dorobo pushing lions off their kill and taking it.

Maasai collecting honey with the help of a honeyguide.

Little Bushmen with the hearts of lions watching a leopard from a hide and smearing beetle venom behind a barbed razor-sharp arrowhead with a bare finger just sixteenths of an inch from what would be a fatal cut.

Cambodians catching river snakes.

I only demurred when they said that domesticating grasses for food was "our greatest triumph". :rolls eyes:
    Last edited by Lewis; 10-20-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Amazing stuff this week. I'm watching it now.

Dorobo pushing lions off their kill and taking it.

I only demurred when they said that domesticating grasses for food was "our greatest triumph". :rolls eyes:
    That is a fascinating video, I especially was amazed at their natural grace in their walk at the end of the video. You only see that kind of gait in children in our society typically.

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    If you like that you'll also like this doc

"The Great Dance, a hunter's story" - Videos - Viddler
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    That's a fantastic series. I think the guys stealing from the lions is my favourite tv of all time.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Best bluray series I have
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I also liked it when the Dorobo hunters ate the meat in a cave. Everyone needs a cave for that kind of thing. What a place to hang out with your stolen meat!

Also, I liked the way the Dorobo and the Bushmen seemed as people. I don't want to glamourize small-scale societies - which can be quite counter-factual. But you could tell those men were absollutely at ease in each other's company. And when the boy accidentally spooled the kudu the older Bushman just quietly explained to him what he'd done wrong although it meant a wait of two more days. if you delay someone for five minutes in our society ...