Thread: Mark Hyman on PBS page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Mark Hyman on PBS

Shop Now
    He is on my local PBS channel right now hawking his blood sugar products as part of the PBS fundraising. Must say he comes across as a total quack. In 1870 he would have a wagon with a load of snake oil.

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    good thing Romney will be slashing PBS

just kidding folks

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I've seen that show. The portions where he is talking to the PBS host are typical: PBS is hawking his products as a fundraising tool. Boring, but doesn't really bother me.

The "meat" of the show is him explaining his program to a studio audience. I found that part quite interesting. PBers would find plenty to criticize, such as his acceptance of brown rice and beans. But he has a lot of good information too, like avoiding processed foods and anything with sweeteners, especially sugar and HFCS. He also pushes whole, fresh foods.

I'd say that his program, while far from perfect, is miles ahead of the SAD. I'll stick with the PB, but wonder if Hyman might be useful as a "halfway house" for people who are interested in improving their diet but are put off by the ancestral programs.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.