Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian propaganda page

mommymd is offline Senior Member

Vegetarian propaganda

Primal Fuel
    My kids are watching a movie on netflix called "animals united" There is a lion character who is vegetarian "so that all of the animals on the savannah can live peacefully together". Looks like I've got some deprogramming to do over our breakfast of back bacon and eggs.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Those lions and gazelles are best friends.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Lions thrive on a vegetarian diet.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    "Fish are friends, not food"

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Vegetarian lion?
    Ha, ha, ha.
    Maybe it was Orwellian lion?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    time to turn on the good old natgeo so kids can see how well lions get along with others in the wild
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Ask them if they would rather eat grass or bacon. Deprogramming done.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    The timing on reading this is uncanny, as I just finished reading the newest article from Steve Pavlina ( 10 Reasons You Should Vote For Me For President ). In particular, this section here.

Another step I’ll take is to do what I can to end the ridiculously wasteful subsidies to the animal products industry. This means the price of flesh, milk, cheese, and similar items will rise to a market-driven level. These prices will have to reflect the true costs of water, electricity, transportation, and waste management. This will in turn make healthier and more environmentally sound choices relatively less expensive. Instead of feeding plants to animals and then eating the animals, people can eat more of the plants directly. This would massively improve the health of our nation and dramatically reduce our healthcare costs (and by healthcare, we all know we’re really talking about sick care).
    In the end, everyone trying to sell something has a bit of a bias. I enjoy his blog, but I suppose some of them are just better off being avoided.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Thing is, what folks don't realize is that thre are a lot of us who have been "polyfaced" long before now. DH and I started buying local, pasture raised back in 2000/2001. This means that we were paying WAY MORE for the local, pastured stuff because, guess what? those farms aren't subsidized.

We were happy to pay for a superior product that came from a superior process for the environment. And, support local farmers. We still do that now (though "local" is extended out a bit to "NZ" with a second choice of "Australia"). I would say 80% comes from local-local (within about 100 mi of where we live), and then the remaining 20% comes from wider NZ, Australia, or other. We do our best.

Anyway, we do pay a lot for food and we have for the past decade. It costs us more to feed ourselves than to shelter ourselves. So, there you go.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
    The timing on reading this is uncanny, as I just finished reading the newest article from Steve Pavlina ( 10 Reasons You Should Vote For Me For President ). In particular, this section here.
    ...In the end, everyone trying to sell something has a bit of a bias. I enjoy his blog, but I suppose some of them are just better off being avoided.
    I like a lot that Steve Pavlina has to say, except for his promotion of veganism (to each his own, *I* say - if veganism works for you, so be it, I can even almost get on board with raw foodies, but I personally need more protein than that.)... I can't say I necessarily disagree with the quote (I'll go read the whole post later), but good luck with that... whomever is elected President has a LOT on their plate before the food industry even registers.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Thing is, what folks don't realize is that thre are a lot of us who have been "polyfaced" long before now. DH and I started buying local, pasture raised back in 2000/2001. This means that we were paying WAY MORE for the local, pastured stuff because, guess what? those farms aren't subsidized.

We were happy to pay for a superior product that came from a superior process for the environment. And, support local farmers. We still do that now (though "local" is extended out a bit to "NZ" with a second choice of "Australia"). I would say 80% comes from local-local (within about 100 mi of where we live), and then the remaining 20% comes from wider NZ, Australia, or other. We do our best.

Anyway, we do pay a lot for food and we have for the past decade. It costs us more to feed ourselves than to shelter ourselves. So, there you go.
    This. I'm happy to pay the premium for non-subsidized small farms that feed their livestock species-appropriate diets.

And on the original subject... I'm now pondering if a lion could survive on a vegetarian diet... undoubtedly it wouldn't THRIVE, but... it's different than humans surviving on rice - we're omnivores, felines are carnivores! *sigh*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast