Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critical article page

peril is offline Senior Member

Critical article

Primal Fuel
    Primal urges

It is in the weekend supplement, home to self indulgent look at me crap, of the Sydney Morning Herald. No wonder print media are struggling
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, yes, if the only goal is weight loss, starvation is faster, 750 cal/day is faster, speed is faster.

She admits that she has only ever stuck to a diet for an hour. She does the 80/20 thing to eat cake for her birthday. Sounds to me like she had a goal in mind and her "research" was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Funny how the blueprint covers a ton of stuff: diet, exercise, sleep, sunlight, using one's brain, and play. She focussed on diet, and while that is probably most people's focus in the beginning, I find that I'm improving my well-being by focussing more on the other aspects now. I mean, you get the food thing down. It's not freakin' rocket science. Then you start becoming well rounded by making friends with the other principles.

As some are fond of say, "More meat for me." Let her eat cake.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Another dumb bitch writing about something she knows nothing about, which she demonstrates spectacularly.

Also: "the gay man's gym diet"? HUH????

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Another dumb bitch writing about something she knows nothing about, which she demonstrates spectacularly.

Also: "the gay man's gym diet"? HUH????
    If it works for gay men, then it will likely work for her too. Too bad she's so ignorant on so many levels.

EDIT: I see in the paragraph that it was her doctor that was the big homophobe, but she chose to write it.

It seems what she was experiencing was a loss of enjoyment of food. Something that definitely happened to me as well at that point. Once I became fully fat adapted and understood that I was no longer driven by terrible hunger due to glucose plunges, food became delicious again. Perhaps she will come back to it when her gut reacts to the reintroduction of grains.
    Last edited by mommymd; 10-20-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Halfacre is offline Junior Member
    Waaahhhhh....it's hard to do....

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Known as the falio diet?!? Bitch please.

And when she tells us how good she is feeling - To be fair, I can see some positives. I fancy that my skin has a glow about it that seems to have been missing for at least a decade. My stomach is flatter; my digestive organs seem cheerier, without a trace of bloating or indigestion. I haven't been hungry: the feed-the-man-meat breakfasts are mostly keeping me happy until lunch.

But that is not enough because she is board without tasteless bread and pasta....sigh.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Good. I'm glad she declared the diet not worth it. At least she described every aspect of it accurately. There will be somebody out there whose interest will be triggered. A look at her picture will tell them not to listen to her final pronouncement. All her talk about eating real food, losing weight, flatter stomach, better digestion and skin will be enough. All her talk of liking ice cream, cake and pasta more than health will be enough. Meanwhile, all the others who agree with her that it's not worth it, great! More fresh healthy stuff for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    That thing about "I've never stuck to a diet for more than an hour" seems to indicate that she's looking for a pill that will make her problems go away and she can keep doing what she has always done.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I really don't think that because she decided this way of eating is not for her warrants calling her a "dumb bitch." It sounds like she did her research and knows the basics, but in the end, likes her carbs too much to sacrifice them. What's the big deal and why does it grind your personal gears that much?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In our breakfast yesterday (out), DH forgot to sub the toast on his plate for veg. He offered me a bite.

This toast is an expensive, locally made, whole grain sourdough. In the past, this would have been a monthly indulgence -- beautiful bread with lovely local butter. I took a bite and was like "bleh, paper pulp." That's what it tasted like to me!

Two things have happened since I started IFing 2 weeks ago -- in terms of food that is as lots of things hvae happened -- the first is that whenever I have any sugar (in the form of white), i get a headache within about 10 minutes of eating it. in the past two weeks, that constitutes 4 gummy dinosaurs (all natural for DS), and half a brownie with DH on our anniversary. And yesterday, I discovered that toast is tasteless.

I don't know why the IFing made this big difference (since Ive been primal for so long and eating well over 90-95% primal), but in the two weeks since we started, it's like. . . yeah, rapid response.

Anyway, I'm not recommending IFing or anything. I just find it interesting that I didn't really care about bread/pasta/etc one way or the other before, but good bread was sometimes nice. But now? Nah.

I really don't miss it. our restaurant 'big breakfast' was gorgeous yesterday: 2 scrambled free range eggs in butter, sauteed spinach, mushrooms, tomato, avocado, and bacon. I had water to drink, and finished with a cup of tea. Lovely. Who needs toast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast