Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critical article page 2

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    She is addicted to her carbs...here is a video with a potato vendor...she gots a big ol smile talking tater eating.

(She is obese...she has chosen excess calories over health...that would be a fail on paleo until one has the resolve to face the issue of obesity/health)
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    OMG what more do people want?? I haven't yet come across a "diet" that didn't offer some sort of deprivation... and I've come across a few in my time! What I hadn't come across (until I met primal) was a diet that actually allowed me to EAT a reasonable quantity of food and left me satisfied.

Yup, there's stuff you can't eat... but there's stuff you can't eat on EVERY DIET unless you're on one of those "you can eat whatever you like as long as you keep your portions really small" which I find next to impossible... to me it's easier to go without something, than to have a really really tiny amount and are then left wanting more!

You can't have it all ways! (Well maybe you can, if you're one of those naturally slim people who can eat whatever they hell they want without putting on weight... hmm at least in terms of weight, if you don't care about health and all that other stuff).

Obviously though, primal/paleo isn't for everyone. To me, the sacrifice is more than worth it, as I've been able to lose some weight quite easily (never before possible). No, it's not falling off... and yes, I have cheated occasionally, but ultimately I can't see any reason NOT to eat this way. Obviously eating real food is just common sense... and if it makes you healthier, then why not? I don't know why you'd go back after seeing several positive improvements (clearer skin, flatter belly, less digestive issues, some weight loss)... but each to their own.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't get hung up on it. My feeling is that she started with a negative attitude and only did the month so she could write a negative story with real experience. Just the kind of writing (can't call it journalism) at which the supplement excels
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

katemary is offline Senior Member
    How promising that in trying paleo, she picked Primal Blueprint. Great stuff Mark makes it on the radar down under.

If her main gripe was boredom and missing grains, then it isn't too bad. Pity she didn't say if she followed the other principles of Primal and I wonder how much cheating went on if she only lost 1.5 kg.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't read it, mostly because I had a constant "are you serious?" look on my face, and actually stopped and said "are you serious?" out loud within 2 minutes. I had to stop reading because it was so horribly written.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12