Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss slowed to a halt - why??? page 3

PrimalJayne is offline Junior Member

Yes, yes, yes

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    primal Jayne, darling girl - we so need to meet for a coffee. I am also on "the scale won't budge", but am working through it.
    keep at it my girl, and I think that one day, while we are feeling a whole lot better about everything.... the scales might move again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh goodness, I'm such a flake - I promise I will ring you soon and we will finally meet and share lol thanks for posting - you made me smile after a really, really crap shift lol

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I have no idea how people think of dairy as "primal"????

We are the only mamamals that consume another mamamals milk (or by products) and only mamamal that consumes it after weaning.

Ordinary Doctors that really know squat about nutrition will tell you the same thing.

Does anyone really think there was a seperate cave where the caveman kept his cows to go milk twice a day?

I agree with this as well. I still do butter, but that's it. I have tried to steer clear of any of the primal approved processed foods such as nut butters, dairy, coconut milk, etc. Even though these products come from primal sources, they are processed down into extremely calorie dense foods, which have little nutritional purpose. I prefer now to eat my calories instead of consuming them in drinks, sauces or spreads. This is just my opinion, and what I have found that has worked well for me over the past few months.

Quote Originally Posted by sroelofs View Post
    Check out the graphs on my success story page. I have a year worth of weight loss measurements in there. 384 Days of Primal: Focusing on the Process to See Results | Mark's Daily Apple You'll see the periods of no weight loss but you will start losing again.
    Thanks sroelofs - those graphs are amazing and probably just what I needed to see ie: the BIG picture.
    It all just seems so NOW that I want results but from those graphs I can see that maybe in a year's time I will be posting the same sort of thing.

Thank you soooo much for sharing. I love looking at the before and after pictures on here and fantasise about the day I can put mine up but the graphs show the ups and downs of how it really is.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I have no idea how people think of dairy as "primal"????

We are the only mamamals that consume another mamamals milk (or by products) and only mamamal that consumes it after weaning.

Ordinary Doctors that really know squat about nutrition will tell you the same thing.

Does anyone really think there was a seperate cave where the caveman kept his cows to go milk twice a day?
    Yep, that's what I'm a thinkin but without milk I can't drink tea or coffee and at this stage I can't imagine my day without either - but that is why I posed the question - cos with all the other good eating it just somehow doesn't feel right (although I'm not man enough to exclude it yet).

Thanks for your thoughts!

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I don't do dairy at all, it's guaranteed to stop my weight loss. But it may not be the same for you.

As for the scale, I weigh myself twice a day! Once in the morning, once in the evening. I love collecting the data and have several years worth of charts and statistics and trends I can refer to. Very very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by brighthorse View Post
    Hey Jayne-

You are probably building muscle. I have times when my weight loss slows down then something will happen and I will notice a new muscle or that I am stronger. That is all it is. Just relax and keep at it. 8)
    Thanks but when I say I've only just joined - I mean I've been going only 2 weeks - so I'm not really lifting any real weights yet. Plus I had 2 seperate shoulder injuries in the last 3 months (both shoulders) so it will be slow going for a while. I'm only lifting 4kg hand weights but some good stretching and core work. That's why I didn't think the gym had slowed down the weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I don't do dairy at all, it's guaranteed to stop my weight loss. But it may not be the same for you.

As for the scale, I weigh myself twice a day! Once in the morning, once in the evening. I love collecting the data and have several years worth of charts and statistics and trends I can refer to. Very very helpful.
    Man, if you have several years worth of data - You need to share!!!

Can you upload them?? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested!! Please?????

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Cheese is not the same as drinking actual milk. Even using cream is not the same as drinking milk. None of is us living like an actual cave man. We're all post-agricultural and every last thing we eat is agricultural. My pre-industrial ancestors herded reindeer and consumed the milk, but it was usually processed in some way for storage. Not just consumed as-is.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    As for coconut sugar, what is that and where do you get it? Sounds interesting. I don't suppose it would be much problem if you're only having a little, unless it is giving you sugar cravings that you then give in to, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.
    Hi Annieh - Coconut sugar is just that - it's not as sweet as real sugar but has way more nutrients in it and it has a low GI (35). It has a sort of mild sugary/caramelly flavour but is just right for my tea and coffee! I got my first bag from a health shop and the second from Pikos. Here is a link so you can read about it: Coconut sugar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hope that helps!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I notice you said 'shift'. There's been quite a bit of research out lately about shift work, lack of sleep and weight gain. Has you shift changed? Might be worth keeping a record to see if your shift patterns affect the scales.

Yay - another kiwi here!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast