Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss slowed to a halt - why??? page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJayne View Post
    But, just before I go, one last question (OK there're 2 really!) Is milk really ok? just a little bit? and the coconut sugar? and the tiny, tiny sprinkles of cheese? (oops 3).
    I'm pretty keen on milk and cheese and don't regard them as non primal at all. I think some people eliminate them when doing a strict whole30 version, or for allergy reasons. Cheese can be a bit high calorie when losing weight, but I would think tiny sprinkles would be fine.

As for coconut sugar, what is that and where do you get it? Sounds interesting. I don't suppose it would be much problem if you're only having a little, unless it is giving you sugar cravings that you then give in to, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    primal Jayne, darling girl - we so need to meet for a coffee. I am also on "the scale won't budge", but am working through it.
    keep at it my girl, and I think that one day, while we are feeling a whole lot better about everything.... the scales might move again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Check out the graphs on my success story page. I have a year worth of weight loss measurements in there. 384 Days of Primal: Focusing on the Process to See Results | Mark's Daily Apple You'll see the periods of no weight loss but you will start losing again.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    What excellent graphs, sroelofs. I remember your story now, it is great - so encouraging.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jayne! Yay, kiwis

I also have issues with stalling! Some of my worst every stalls happen when I lift heavy! It sucks because I know it is good for me but I can't shake the scale and I still really care about that number moving downwards

I don't really have any answers for you but just wanted to say you're not alone and they do eventually pass and you do keep losing. If you're committed for life then time aint nothin' but a number really!
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I think as you lose weight, your body needs less calories to function. It might be that what you've been eating had been sufficient for weight loss when you were heavier, but there's not enough of a deficit to make you lose now. You might need to do IF or carb cycling, depending on what works to lose more weight at this current point. Play around with your macros a little, but also measure yourself and see how you fit into your old clothes. The inches lost are a better depiction of changes in your body composition.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Neely is offline Member
    Yes as one other poster mentioned maybe try adding a little more protein to your diet. This will help build muscle, increase your metabolism and help to fill you up. It sounds like you are doing really well though so keep it up and be patient.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My body seems to lose about 10 lbs, then stalls, then gets going.

Also, scale weight, if you have started weight lifting, will often not reflect fat loss as you gain muscle.

You really do have to think in terms of a long time period for weightloss. The good thing about PB is it is easy to follow, but the downside is that it is not the fastest way to drop weight. I always remind myself, when I look at my overall loss and am not super blown away (36 lbs in a year= 3lbs a month), that I just ate bacon and eggs, duck, steak, all sorts of fat..... so it's not like I am suffering or doing anything remarkably hard that I can't sustain.

I do get jealous of the people that seem to lose 100 lbs in 6 months. They got dealt a lucky hand!

Anecdotally- 3 weeks ago I started cross fit and my new size 12 jeans were snug.3 weeks later, the scale is down 2 lbs, BUT those jeans are now gapping at the waist and looser in the thighs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea how people think of dairy as "primal"????

We are the only mamamals that consume another mamamals milk (or by products) and only mamamal that consumes it after weaning.

Ordinary Doctors that really know squat about nutrition will tell you the same thing.

Does anyone really think there was a seperate cave where the caveman kept his cows to go milk twice a day?

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jayne-

You are probably building muscle. I have times when my weight loss slows down then something will happen and I will notice a new muscle or that I am stronger. That is all it is. Just relax and keep at it. 8)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast