Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: No questions, just venting frustration .. maybe other women can relate ... page 6

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I found this chart online on how to determine your frame size. Calculating body frame size: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia Image I'm right at the borderline of medium and large, my wrist is exactly 6.5". I do believe that not only do people have bigger bones, but if you've been doing paleo or primal long enough, your big bones are going to be way denser. Plus any muscle you have is probably denser, too.
    I'm never sure how accurate these things are... I have really scrawny wrists (under 5.5") and yet I have comparatively broad shoulders, and no matter how thin I've been in the past, I've had big, solid thighs (I don't think it would be physically possible for me to have skinny legs... they're just... solid).

Then again, maybe I'm weird, but I think you need to look at more than just wrists to determine frame size . I'd be interested in getting a proper body composition done.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    5' 10" and my wrist measure 7" so by their scale.. that puts me at Extra-Extra Large bone structure...
    I dont really worry about my body weight (dont even own a scale) but somewhere around 180 is probably optimal for me considering I have a LOT of muscle also.

Yup... Im a freaking Amazon

but the point is, everyone's different,, I have a friend, same height as me who is about 125-130, that is a perfect weight for her, different bone structure, different frame, different muscle structure.. I couldn't even get down to 130 if I was anorexic.
    Last edited by DinoHunter; 10-23-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Have y'all seen this before? Type in a ht, wt, pant size, etc and see what other women look like? Interesting.

Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I'm never sure how accurate these things are... I have really scrawny wrists (under 5.5") and yet I have comparatively broad shoulders, and no matter how thin I've been in the past, I've had big, solid thighs (I don't think it would be physically possible for me to have skinny legs... they're just... solid).

Then again, maybe I'm weird, but I think you need to look at more than just wrists to determine frame size . I'd be interested in getting a proper body composition done.
    You are not weird. I think a lot of women have smaller upper bodies. That chart puts me at 'small', but there is nothing small about my legs! Like you, they will never be skinny, so I opt for strong. I am dense. The fad of skinny jeans and jeggings does not work for this girl. My upper body is very petite and can look quite sinewy/muscular. I have a very hard time getting any definition in my legs, and sadly I have 'saddle bags' despite only wearing a size 4 jean.

I still think my frame is probably 'small', but the fat composition/distribution is an entirely different story.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

faithy22 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuprimal View Post
    I have to tell you that keeping it at 116 is actually quite difficult for me as I have lost over 100lb since going primal and it seems like my body just keeps wanting to lose, even with getting all the cals I need or can eat. I know, I shouldn't complain. But at some point I did start to because I see myself getting closer to being considered "underweight"....even though I feel great!
    Holy cow! Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! Can you please share what your typical eating/exercise routines are?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Amazon women rock. (How many spammers are going to repeat that sentence?)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Yes Amazon women DO rock

I loved my look when I was lifting and everything was nice and solid and in place. I like that much better than tiny & frail. But I am a country girl, so there's lots I need to do that requires muscle. Men (trying to do their jobs & also be gentleman-y) want to load my feed bags but I am like I can get it, I have to get it myself when I get home.

My only broken bone was when my horse tripped and fell at a lope, and I put my hand out, I guess I thought I could break my fall, but broke my arm above my wrist instead.

This is all why I dont really have a goal weight in mind. I think I can look pretty good at 150 as much as I do at 125, depending on the muscle. I just like being strong and able-bodied. I like doing things for myself. I do let DH open the door for me though. That took some getting use to. He enjoys it I think, so I enjoy it now also.

Anyways...

Amazon women rock!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gempdx44 View Post
    Oh wow - I am 5 inches shorter than you but my wrists are 6.25" - I guess it's no mystery why I am at 156.

I was talking to my mom over the weekend about this and she said that she always was heavier than she looked. Doctors, even, were surprised by how heavy she was for her size.

The silver lining to this - my mom is 83 years old and has never broken a bone. I am hoping I have the same good luck as I age!
    Yep. You might be shorter and weigh more - - but you are slimmer than I am! Pretty amazing, huh? I've measured and my thighs are a solid 23", my hips no less than 40". Believe me, I would gladly add 25# to that scale reading if I could get down to 22" thighs and 38.5" hips so I could rock a size 8 instead of 10!

phitone is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am definitely with you on this one (see my post..shoot the scale). I am 5'5 and 150 lbs that just won't budge but I am a perfect size 4. Did I mention that I'm 58. All I know is that I feel better, have more energy and look better in my clothes. I did invest in a scale that "measures" body fat, bone density and water. I know that these scales are not fully accurate but it does help a little when I can see some changes somewhere. For the most part I agree with a number of people who commented on my post. Don't weight too often. Maybe once a month is better for some of us and keep up the good work. Believe me you are likely doing very good things for your health and I agree with your bone density comment. My mom was only 4'11 weighed about 100 lbs and despite taking Fosamax and working out fractured her hip at age 87 and passed away 3 months later. Weight does have it's advantages.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456