Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: No questions, just venting frustration .. maybe other women can relate ... page 4

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me it's about inches and fat bulges. Fat loss is unfair. I do everything 'right' and I am plump. Sure, i can sometimes stick in size 2 or 4 depending on how much of a vanity factor a particular clothing company added to that number, but I know I am not a TRUE Size 4 (24" waist). And my legs look fat. So, I am doing some things 'wrong' now, because why the heck can't I have legs that don't look fat? I mean, a 100% devotion to coconut milk and roast chicken is all fine and great, but if it keeps you fat & lethargic, what's good is sticking to some abstract nutritional principle? It's the same as vegetarians who persist despite losing their hair or staying fat.

Fat loss is unfair, one needs to find what works even if it is not 'clean' and 'pure' and 100% 'by the book'. I mean, if you can get the physique you love 'by the book', hell, that's AWESOME. I guess, I have to cheat. On CW - with Primal or Paleo, on Primal/Paleo - with CW... So weird.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-22-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Fat loss is unfair, one needs to find what works even if it is not 'clean' and 'pure' and 100% 'by the book'. I mean, if you can get the physique you love 'by the book', hell, that's AWESOME. I guess, I have to cheat. On CW - with Primal or Paleo, on Primal/Paleo - with CW... So weird.
    I hear ya. I was losing much faster CW way of dieting - including adding in whole grains & legumes because "they" said it was good for me. I have shifted my macros back now though, so we will see how October ends up. I thought I would be at or close to a more ideal weight/body composition than I am now. I thought I would be about done. But my reality is that I am still not quite to the goal I thought I would be at for Memorial Day 2012!! I dont think it was the primal food, but it was the primal fat that did me in. Weight loss just went to hell when I added in all that fat, regardless of where my calories were. And I am starting to think my calories were too low for too long, but I was just too full on fat. Sometimes I think I should just diet CW, get the weight off, and then worry about fine tuning my health, since I am otherwise healthy except for the weight (as far as I can tell) And I don't even know what that means. I guess it would mean eating beans now and then and an Orowheat Thin Bun now and then, I dont know.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I am starting to think that legumes are maligned with no cause. I plan to eat beans once (if) I am done with losing fat. Heck, I should probably start eating them now on carb up days. They are satiating and good, particulary in the winter.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I found this chart online on how to determine your frame size. Calculating body frame size: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia Image I'm right at the borderline of medium and large, my wrist is exactly 6.5". I do believe that not only do people have bigger bones, but if you've been doing paleo or primal long enough, your big bones are going to be way denser. Plus any muscle you have is probably denser, too.
    Bone structure has to make a HUGE difference. I am 5'9" and have a 5.5" wrist (not even listed on that link, at my height) ... 138 lbs yet a size 10 with ~25% BF! When I did a quick search for "weight by frame size", I found that there is a 20-30 lb difference in the weight range depending on whether you have a small, medium or large frame. And I know that there are people who have both smaller and bigger frames than even what is listed at that link, because I'm amongst the smaller. So maybe the practical weight range is more like 30-40 lbs difference, depending on frame size? That sounds reasonable.

I think it's got to be healthier to have a bigger frame. Surely your bones are less likely to shatter like matchsticks someday when you're 80? I wonder about this for myself, because my bones all seem so tiny. My nose is really skinny too, and I can hardly breathe out of it. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Not a good thing though ... makes it quite difficult to sleep well or even breathe hard when working out!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what it means, but I am 6.25 or Large Boned - if I measured at the right place. There's like two bones there, well one on each side - like a knobby joint I guess, and that is where I measured.

So what exactly does that mean?

oops, read it wrong. Medium boned
    Last edited by gopintos; 10-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    For me it's about inches and fat bulges. Fat loss is unfair. I do everything 'right' and I am plump. Sure, i can sometimes stick in size 2 or 4 depending on how much of a vanity factor a particular clothing company added to that number, but I know I am not a TRUE Size 4 (24" waist). And my legs look fat. So, I am doing some things 'wrong' now, because why the heck can't I have legs that don't look fat?
    Maybe your legs look fat to you, but are actually just the right amount of curvy in everyone else's eyes. Or maybe you need to find a new style of jeans that flatter your shape. Fit is everything
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

The frame size allows you to estimate how your weight places compared to the women of the same height. If you ever seen the "Why Women Need Fat" book, it has a more sophisticated measurements for two or three points that allows you to up and down the weight by as much as 10 lbs to find how you place compared to the other women of your height and what your natural weight is. The heavier your bone structure is, the heavier you will be at the same body fat level. And, yeah, they also put forward the depressing idea that one cannot push below 5-10 lbs from the natural weight...

Maybe your legs look fat to you, but are actually just the right amount of curvy in everyone else's eyes. Or maybe you need to find a new style of jeans that flatter your shape. Fit is everything
    I am talking a swimsuit here. I can hack my clothes to look Okay, not model quality or anything, but okay, but it's swimsuit that really shows off just how heavy my upper leg is. I would love to have slender, muscular legs with no over-hangs. I hate jeans btw, my mom always said that I should never wear pants with my thighs and it stuck with me. I look much better in skirts.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-22-2012 at 01:17 PM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Ideal weight for frame size: I'm there, not kinda almost there, but right smack in there. That's kinda what I've been suspecting for a while. That's why I decided I am going to go get strong instead of worry about either a) my weight or b) my size in inches. My new measurements are going to be in pounds I can lift and whether or not I can do a pullup.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

PrimalCon New York
    Yeah, been there, done that. It's kindda cool but it runs out. I got stuck at the amount lifted after a while just the same way I got stuck in trying to lose inches. Back and forth, back and forth... in the end for me lost inches are more rewarding than how much I squat or deadlift.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast