Hi.

I am driving myself crazy with the scale and comparing myself to what others weigh. You would think at my age I would know better not to compare myself to others but apparently not, because I have been in a funk all day.

I'm 45 years old, 5'4" and for the life of me ... I cannot get below 150 pounds! Actually, I was 156 pounds this morning. I lift weights 2-3 times a week. I do HIIT 1-2 times a week. I try to incorporate as much slow movement as I can while having a desk job. I eat at a deficit, usually 1400-1600 calories a day. I eat whole foods and very little sugar or alcohol. I am hypo, but on Synthroid and feel great other than my weight.

Last time I had my bodyfat measured I was 23.8%, down from 31% when I started training in December. I know I should not worry about the scale, but for fuck's sake - 156 pounds?

Can it really be that my bones just "weigh more"? I always thought that was a load of crap my mom fed me, but when I see other women with similar bodies to mine that weigh 130 I have to wonder.

Anyone else out there feel like they weigh much more than they should? I never thought I'd be a size 6 at 156 pounds, but I am and sometimes - a size 4. That just seems so weird.