Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No questions, just venting frustration .. maybe other women can relate ... page 3

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have always weighed a lot for my size. It used to bug me long ago, but I am over it now.
    I am 5'7" and have weighed anywhere from 140 to 230 at the end of my last pregnancy and never wore a "plus" size. I am just dense and so are you. It is actually a good thing. You can surprise people with your strength. And you will look better at 80 if you have a thick, strong frame.

156 is a size six for me too. I hope to get back there in just a couple months.

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    156 is a size six for me too. I hope to get back there in just a couple months.
    Oh thank gawd! You and others who have chimed in here have made me feel better about things. I mean jeez, I have a 29 inch waist which isn't tiny, but not exactly in the obese category either, ya know?

I think also where I get thrown off is reading success stories in magazines and online and stuff. I'll often see a 5'4" woman who was 160 pounds "before" and she is WAY bigger than I am! So I guess I am just a sturdy girl and I just deal with it ...
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Being sturdy is awesome. I have never broken a bone in my life. I have to clip my fingernails with a toenail clipper. I'm not a waif and never will be. When I'm old I'm not going to be hunched over and frail. I'm going to be kicking ass. Not sure what I'll be kicking ass at, but I will be kicking it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Being sturdy is awesome. I have never broken a bone in my life. I have to clip my fingernails with a toenail clipper. I'm not a waif and never will be. When I'm old I'm not going to be hunched over and frail. I'm going to be kicking ass. Not sure what I'll be kicking ass at, but I will be kicking it.
    Hear, hear!! I resemble that remark!!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gempdx44 View Post
    Hi nuprimal - Welcome, and thanks for responding! 116 pounds at 5'4"? See, I don't understand how I can have 40 pounds on you and be this size.
    I still don't see why it matters. The scale is irrelevant.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    5' 2" and 117 here and I wear between a 6 and 8 in pants. I would love to wear a 4 in pants, seems like I should be able to but my hips say no way! I am fine boned and carry all my weight in the lower abdomen and hips. From what you've described I bet you look great! Though if you're really wanting to know why your weight isn't changing you may want to investigate your hormone levels you may be estrogen dominant and need more progesterone. Estrogen dominance can effect your weight.

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Sandra in BC;983905]I still don't see why it matters. The scale is irrelevant.
    It shouldn't matter, but to my lizard brain it does.

I think all the obsessimg over numbers ... grams of protein, calories, prcent bodyfat, reps completed, pounds lifted, yada blah blah, is making me stressed out. I am going to take a little vacay from monitoring everything and then reassess.
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

MrsJorre is offline Junior Member
    Sounds to me you are really focusing on what you aren't, and not the magnificence you are. You sound great, have a body I'd dream of- spend some time feeling proud of yourself x

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I think the fact that you DO workout and lift weights plays into it. Honestly, scale-wise, I was my thinnest when i was eschewing most exercise. I dont know that I was really flabby or anything at the time, but I definitely didnt have great muscle composition and had a lot more fatigue. Being scale skinny isnt all it's cracked up to be!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Let's face it...it's either a vanity issue or a health issue. The scale says nothing about either. No one knows how much you weigh- you either look fit and healthy or not.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast