Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colostrum for gut healing and immune system? page 2

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Patski, nice to see you around again. My quick searching came up with yes, it could potentially be an issue. If your intolerance is not an allergy, it might actually help, but an allergy would be exacerbated. It seems to depend on how "filtered" the colostrum is. I would think that the less processed, the better. Ditto to AuroraB: can you do goat's milk?

I recently tried some (bovine) colostrum with probiotics (Symbiotcs brand) and felt pretty good overall, but didn't help with my chronic constipation as far as I can tell. May resume with goat colostrum (Mount Capra brand) when I'm done with my current trial of senna teas.
    Hiya Tasha

My cow's milk intolerance is a 'moderate' intolerance. I tend to get congested eating dairy.

The strange thing is, I'm currently in NYC and have been eating some dairy here and there and I haven't had the same symptoms as I do back home. Not to the same extent anyway. Weird, huh?

Is the stuff expensive? I probably won't be able to find it back home, because Canada is LAME.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Colostrum is only useful if you are a baby animal of the same species.....

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Is the stuff expensive? I probably won't be able to find it back home, because Canada is LAME.
    Can you use Vitacost? It's about $30 for 120 capsules of CapraColostrum. On their website (mtcapra.com), it's almost $40, or around $60 for 174g of powder (not sure how many servings that would be though). I'm going to get the 120 capsule bottle and try it out for a full month ("strenuous" dose is usually 3x the regular one, so this will actually only last 20 days).

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
    Tell that to my constipation, which improved while taking colostrum capsules.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    colostrum is high in sugar and fat. It will clean your gut. Mag citrate will do the same thing, give you a needed mineral, and not cost half as much.

Mag citrate doesn't do that for everyone. Myself included.

Tasha, I can use vitacost. I just wonder if I get slapped with some dumb fee because it may be considered 'dairy'.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I have the same problem with mag citrate. Vitamin C works better for me (for the same reason that mag citrate is supposed to), but I have to taken absurd amounts of it (not sure what it is right now, but over 10g per day) for motility.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Chris Kresser says mag citrate isn't as absorbable as....ummm....I forget which mag he recommends :-o

Vit C used to do the same for me but not anymore.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Jeni_Wisconsin is offline Junior Member

Incorrect

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
    Sorry to say but that is totally incorrect information. Colostrum is most helpful to boost the immune system, lean muscle mass, digestive issues, athletic recovery and so much more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12