Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the 20% page 2

MarCar is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And what about Cheese, Yogurt, or Cream? I imaging the cheese would need to be full fat and/or goat cheese and the cream should be heavy cream from grass fed cows. The yogurt might be tricky because so many add sugar. So I guess it would have to be plain greek yogurt...just add berries and honey?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    It just means if you screw up or eat something you shouldn't, you don't have to go all neurotic and declare that you failed at Primal eating, so you should go back to eating pizza and donuts every day. It means when that happens you go "oh well, that was my 20%" and go back to eating as primally as your lifestyle permits.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I think eating wheat with your 30% rather negates the primal experience. For me, the 20% gives me flexibility to have a drink when I want to, eat some milk chocolate when I feel like it, and use artificial sweeteners and drink coffee. It gives you a little flex room in an otherwise clean lifestyle.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I think eating wheat with your 30% rather negates the primal experience. For me, the 20% gives me flexibility to have a drink when I want to, eat some milk chocolate when I feel like it, and use artificial sweeteners and drink coffee. It gives you a little flex room in an otherwise clean lifestyle.
    If you're not sensitive to wheat, it's no worse than anything else you list. I personally feel like artificial sweeteners negate the primal experience, but your 20% is up to you

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarCar View Post
    Wait...I thought I could only have fruit sparingly other than berries. So I can have a fruit every day that is not a berry i.e.an apple, pear, banana, pineapple...? Would I be allowed to have a banana for a snack and sweet potato (or rice) for dinner every day?

Not missing the ice-cream and doughnuts all that much. Never had much of a sweet tooth, but I am missing a nice whole grain turkey sandwich once in a while.

Fruits and tubers are in the YMMV category. As in I would say eat to your activity level. Rice IS part of the 20%.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It just means if you screw up or eat something you shouldn't, you don't have to go all neurotic and declare that you failed at Primal eating, so you should go back to eating pizza and donuts every day. It means when that happens you go "oh well, that was my 20%" and go back to eating as primally as your lifestyle permits.
    Mainly this....no reason to PLAN on eating your 20% (least not for me). I'm gonna have a slice of pizza and a beer once in a while. Thats my 20.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    The only issue with fruit would be if you are trying to loose weight
    80/20 is what it is...try your best but don't let eating primal stop you from going for a night out with your friends because the food might be cooked in processed oils or some other non-primal reason.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The only issue with fruit would be if you are trying to loose weight
    80/20 is what it is...try your best but don't let eating primal stop you from going for a night out with your friends because the food might be cooked in processed oils or some other non-primal reason.

You would allow fun and taste into your life to compromise the holy primal structure?!

You're obviously on the wrong forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12