Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Year Of What I Think Is Food Intolerence's - HELP DESEPERATELY NEEDED page

Ghjjf is offline Member

Angry A Year Of What I Think Is Food Intolerence's - HELP DESEPERATELY NEEDED

Let me start by saying, I will PayPal you $1000 if you give me new information that leads me to fixing my problem.

Hi,

I'm Steve and for over a year I've had what I think are food intolerance's, weither they are or not, I will let you decide.

Around a year ago, I started eating chocolate again after not having any for a long time because of a EBV reactivation. Chocolate and respiratory problems don't really go together.

I would have one chocolate bar every day. After a while, I would feel sick after my one bar. It's nausea, I wouldn't actually throw up. When I wake up the following morning, I would be fine again.

Once I figured out it was chocolate, I cut down to chocolate 2 days in a row then a 1 day break. Then as it got worse, so I went down to 1 every other day and then finally none. I started getting nausea after every sugary snack, such as biscuits, cookies, cakes and so on, even small quantity's. But not sugary drinks or alcohol. Even

My first thought was it was sugar, but I can't help but notice that I'm fine with it in liquid form. Sugar is in everything, bacon, bread, sauces, surely that's not it.

Looking back, 2 years prior to this, I had the exact same symptoms but with tooth paste, once I changed to a natural tooth paste, I was fine.

As time has gone on, I think eggs now give me the same effect and lately something in my near perfect paleo diet has started to trigger the same problem, I have yet to work out what it could be. Perhaps bacon as it seems to start quite early in the day.

Food intolerance's are not uncommon, but I've made a HUGE lifestyle choice and have literally dedicated the last year of my life trying to fix this problem.

I'm aware I have a leaky gut, H. Pie Lorie, Yeast infection and perhaps a parasite. I did take medication for no2 and 3, so that may be fixed. As well as a lot of supplements before and after.

I currently take: Probiotics, GI Revive, Apple Cider Vinegar, HCL, Vit D and Digestive Enzymes. I've taken a whole load of other stuff in the past, I've been on all of the above apart from ACV for at least a month, prior to that I was on similar stuff.

I'm 99.9 sure this isn't psychological for those who are going to jump onto that bandwagon.

A year prior to the food intolerance's, I was VERY stressed, then got a lot of respiratory issues and for about a year took a bunch of medication including acid blockers, nasal steroids and antibiotics. I'm now very aware of the side effects these drugs can cause.

I'm working on the presumption that it's a gut issue but I've worked so dam hard on fixing it that I'm starting to think, could this nausea be something other that a food intolerance. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Steve (long time MDA reader, first time poster).

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I'm no expert at all, but I would try a GAPS type diet with lots of bone broth, fermented foods, avoidance of any sugars outside of tubers. Stick with meats, good fats, cooked leafy greens, sweet potatoes. Also as much rest as you can manage. Give that several weeks, then gradually add in foods to see how they affect you.

It sounds like your body has had a rough time with chronic infections and long term medical issues. You may need a period of deep healing to break the cycle of your body hyperreacting to any irritants.

faithy22 is offline Member
    How much ACV are you taking? Could it be heartburn? I was putting lemon juice in my water for a while, but aparently too much lemon juice and I ended up getting heartburn from it. I didn't realize that's what it was because it didn't feel like burning, just nausea, really uncomfortable nausea. I guess it can manifest as that as opposed to the typical burning sensation.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I agree with GAPS, but would even suggest you remove tubers entirely for now. I would recommend you buy the book and follow it to the letter. I don't think potatoes of any kind are allowed on the intro diet, due to the starch.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Hey Unicorn,

Thanks for your response - I drink around 4 pints (2ltrs) of bone broth a week. I have it with sweet potato, peas, garlic and onion. I make a soup out of it. My diet is superb. I'm off dairy because of respiratory problems, I believe I have a yeast sinus infection which I've tried to rid for nearly 3 years. This also means I can't have leaf salads such as letter and spinach, In rare cases, people with hayfever develop allergies to them. Although I don't have hay fever, my ENT doctor told me, that's what it looks like in my sinuses, a very bad case of hay fever. I guess that I just have seriously bad luck when it comes to health ;-)

I also sleep for at least 8 hours every night in a completely dark room, no sound, perfect everything on that front. I sleep and wake at the same time every day.

What does tubers mean?

Thanks,

Steve

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faithy22 View Post
    How much ACV are you taking? Could it be heartburn? I was putting lemon juice in my water for a while, but aparently too much lemon juice and I ended up getting heartburn from it. I didn't realize that's what it was because it didn't feel like burning, just nausea, really uncomfortable nausea. I guess it can manifest as that as opposed to the typical burning sensation.
    I miss diagnosed by some dumb doctor he thought all my problems were down to acid reflux, he put me on acid blockers. The hell those things put my body through just makes me angry. As far as I'm aware, if you don't have heart burn and you don't have any heart problems, you don't have reflux.

Acid blockers basically stop you from getting a lot of nutrients and most likely caused my H Pie Laurie as well as perhaps my leaky gut.

Lemons and ACV as far as I'm aware are very alkaline once drunk and are known cures for reflux. However they are very acidic in the mouth, so people drinking them are often recommended to use a straw.

Steve

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I agree with GAPS, but would even suggest you remove tubers entirely for now. I would recommend you buy the book and follow it to the letter. I don't think potatoes of any kind are allowed on the intro diet, due to the starch.
    I would be concerned about the idea of no potatoes, no grains are hard enough. I'm at 4% body fat and don't eat eggs or dairy so getting the required calories to maintain my skinny frame would be very hard.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    H. pylori is the bacteria that causes peptic ulcers I believe. If you are having an overgrowth of that, it will most definately cause nausea. My ex had this issue for years and years and would vomit nearly every morning because of it, the nausea was horrible. He wouldn't ever be able to eat until later in the day. Has the doc given you a Prev Pac or something to treat the H. pylori?

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Hey,

Prev Pac being the triple therapy? Yes, I took the antibiotics and the acid blockers for it, since then I've started my supplements again to hopefully prevent it reoccurring, I haven't yet tested to see if it has got rid of the h pylori completely.
    Last edited by Ghjjf; 10-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghjjf View Post
    Hey,

Prev Pac being the triple therapy? Yes, I took the antibiotics and the acid blockers for it, since then I've started my supplements again to hopefully prevent it reoccurring, I haven't yet tested to see if it has got rid of the h pylori completely.

Michael
    Ok, my ex did the prev pac as well and it didn't get rid of it for him. We don't know why, but when he was retested the h pylori overgrowth was still there. We are not together anymore, so I'm not sure if he still struggles with it or not, but I could ask him what he's done to get it under control. Did you have an improvement in symptoms while on the prev pac?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast