Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Year Of What I Think Is Food Intolerence's - HELP DESEPERATELY NEEDED page 3

heatherdarbs Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghjjf View Post
    Let me start by saying, I will PayPal you $1000 if you give me new information that leads me to fixing my problem.

Hi,

I'm Steve and for over a year I've had what I think are food intolerance's, weither they are or not, I will let you decide.

Around a year ago, I started eating chocolate again after not having any for a long time because of a EBV reactivation. Chocolate and respiratory problems don't really go together.

I would have one chocolate bar every day. After a while, I would feel sick after my one bar. It's nausea, I wouldn't actually throw up. When I wake up the following morning, I would be fine again.

Once I figured out it was chocolate, I cut down to chocolate 2 days in a row then a 1 day break. Then as it got worse, so I went down to 1 every other day and then finally none. I started getting nausea after every sugary snack, such as biscuits, cookies, cakes and so on, even small quantity's. But not sugary drinks or alcohol. Even

My first thought was it was sugar, but I can't help but notice that I'm fine with it in liquid form. Sugar is in everything, bacon, bread, sauces, surely that's not it.

Looking back, 2 years prior to this, I had the exact same symptoms but with tooth paste, once I changed to a natural tooth paste, I was fine.

As time has gone on, I think eggs now give me the same effect and lately something in my near perfect paleo diet has started to trigger the same problem, I have yet to work out what it could be. Perhaps bacon as it seems to start quite early in the day.

Food intolerance's are not uncommon, but I've made a HUGE lifestyle choice and have literally dedicated the last year of my life trying to fix this problem.

I'm aware I have a leaky gut, H. Pie Lorie, Yeast infection and perhaps a parasite. I did take medication for no2 and 3, so that may be fixed. As well as a lot of supplements before and after.

I currently take: Probiotics, GI Revive, Apple Cider Vinegar, HCL, Vit D and Digestive Enzymes. I've taken a whole load of other stuff in the past, I've been on all of the above apart from ACV for at least a month, prior to that I was on similar stuff.

I'm 99.9 sure this isn't psychological for those who are going to jump onto that bandwagon.

A year prior to the food intolerance's, I was VERY stressed, then got a lot of respiratory issues and for about a year took a bunch of medication including acid blockers, nasal steroids and antibiotics. I'm now very aware of the side effects these drugs can cause.

I'm working on the presumption that it's a gut issue but I've worked so dam hard on fixing it that I'm starting to think, could this nausea be something other that a food intolerance. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Steve (long time MDA reader, first time poster).
    This might sound a little strange, but could certain sugars (or foods) possibly trigger inflammation in your sinus, causing them to drain into your stomach (PND), causing nausea? You mentioned your sinuses were a mess...just a thought. I know this can make people very queasy...

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    The iodine enthusiasts believe that taking iodine in liquid form (Lugols) will weed out the bad bacteria without harming the good. It is important to take selenium and vitamin C as well. Unfortunately the only people promoting iodine are pretty extremist, but the underlying arguments are interesting.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    GAPS to make sure it's not your leaky gut. Also drop the peas as are fairly highly allergic, and I'd try dropping the suppl'ments, too.

There's a thing called allergic march or something like that, were you typically start with food allergies, progress to chronic running nose, and end up with asthma. Usually this happens to very little kids, but don't see why you couldn't have it later on too. If I were you I'd see a good allergist and have yourself tested. It is nearly impossible to figure out the allergies by yourself bc there are always confounding factors.

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Excellent post Comma. Thinking back to my childhood, this may explain why my brothers had asthma. I didn't care for a lot of the foods they ate (I was a picky eater). I am going to have to make some long overdue calls to them anyway, good conversation starter, eh?
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Yes- btw, frequent need of antibiotics also points to march of allergies.

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    GAPS to make sure it's not your leaky gut. Also drop the peas as are fairly highly allergic, and I'd try dropping the suppl'ments, too.
    GAPS? and why drop the supplements?

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghjjf View Post
    Hey,

Prev Pac being the triple therapy? Yes, I took the antibiotics and the acid blockers for it, since then I've started my supplements again to hopefully prevent it reoccurring, I haven't yet tested to see if it has got rid of the h pylori completely.
    Has the testing that you've had for the H.pylori just been blood testing? Once a person has a positive blood test for H.pylori and then goes thru treatment, the best and most reliable way to re-test for it is a biopsy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123