Thread: Any tips for adrenal fatigue? page

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member

Any tips for adrenal fatigue?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had refreshing sleep in years. I'm 19 right now and weighing in at 65kg (lean, skinny mofo) and during my secondary school days I was constantly up late into the early hours (12-3am) of the morning on the computer or texting friends, regardless of whether I had to wake up early (7:30am) to get ready for school. My stupidity led me to feeling completely miserable and utterly exhausted every morning to the point where I couldn't even concentrate on my studies, but an early night or two made me bounce back with boundless energy, a crystal clear head void of any brain fog and a fantastic mood. Despite me knowing how amazing a good night's sleep made me feel and how pointless those late-hour sessions were in retrospect, I still ended up doing them - a lot. I kept going back and forth with the; late nights -> exhaustion -> early night -> refreshment - pattern, but it got to a point where I just ended up being fatigued all the time. As a teen I thought it was 'normal' to be up so late. I always used to think 'this can't be right, why am I ALWAYS tired 24/7!?', but looking back...no shit, Sherlock. That's what happens when you muck about with your endocrine system so recklessly.

Long story short, I need advice from other AF sufferers, regardless of whether you've actually fully recovered or not (though I'd LOVE to hear some hopeful testimonies). It's a long term battle that needs diligence, but I need some guidance. How long did it take you all to recover, or at least see significant progress? I'm eating Primally, but should I lean towards higher or lower carb? Should those carbs be from starches, fruits or both? I've heard that one or the other can stress the adrenals even further. I just need a tweaked Primal program and advice specifically tailored towards adrenal fatigue, really.

Thanks!

FlyingPig is online now Senior Member
    I heard eating or drinking some salt first thing in the morning may be helpful.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you would be best off following a very basic primal diet, no funny macro crap either way, no fasting, no nothing. Just be deliberately moderate and healthy with your diet. Get plenty of sleep. Avoid stress. Learn to say NO to things. Don't drink coffee or caffeine. Get moderate exercise but not too close to bed time. Sleep in total darkness.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It sounds like you would be best off following a very basic primal diet, no funny macro crap either way, no fasting, no nothing. Just be deliberately moderate and healthy with your diet. Get plenty of sleep. Avoid stress. Learn to say NO to things. Don't drink coffee or caffeine. Get moderate exercise but not too close to bed time. Sleep in total darkness.
    Seconded.