Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: No hunger

No hunger

Shop Now
    Good evening,

I used to be a primal back then which helped me losing 80lbs. Now I am just maintaining so I add a few more fruits. Anyways, has anyone noticed that it is seriously hard to detect hunger? I could go all day without food. Since I have Lupus and Sjogrens Syndrome I am suppose to eat rather often but I have the hardest time and have to force myself. Any suggestions?

Best, Bri

Sorry, can't help. I'm hungry all the time.

I have found in nutritional ketosis that I have no hunger. I am eating one smallish meal per day, and that's it. I'm not on the clock to east that, either. When I have more carb in my diet, I handle stress less well, and I eat in more of a stress response than an actual need for food.

Interesting.

I've always had very little hunger and a few bites of anything would make me feel full right away. As such I learned to eat past fullness and am satisfied with 1 meal a day even as a kid. It didn't come from being primal.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Most people eat because they enjoy the flavor, texture, and appearance of food. Even if you are not hungry I would think you'd be happy to eat two or three meals a day if you are having meals that look and taste good!

interesting, glad I am not too alone. I try to eat at least 4 times a day (that is forcing it for sure).

Thank you everyone.

Shop Now
    This has been a recent thing for me! I used to wake up excited about what I'd have for breakfast, now I wake up un-hungry but I try to eat something anyway. It's a bit of a bummer, but I think its a sign of positive change, indicating that food isn't running my life anymore. I still enjoy what I eat, but I think about other things than my next meal, which is nice, given my history of disordered eating. I've gone from eating too little to eating too much and back again a thousand times... I'm hoping my lack of hunger is a sign I've finally found a balance.

Edit: I also think it has something to do with my activity level. I used to work out a lot, so that I could eat a lot, because eating was what brought me the most happiness. I've slowed down my working out--I walk or bike 2-3 times a week and do yoga daily, occasionally I run a few sprints, I could probably afford to reintroduce strength training but I lift a lot of heavy things at work, so my instincts are to rest my muscles on days off. As a result, I don't have to eat as much--I save some money that way, too! I think a slow metabolism is a good thing. Americans are fixated on speeding their metabolisms so they can eat more, like I once was. Food means way too much to us. It fills some kind of void.I think a lot of good can come from some self-exploration: concentrate on WHY you're eating, what void you're filling (loneliness, boredom?), and if the void isn't hunger, step away from the fridge and read a book, meet up with a friend, etc.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 10-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.