Thread: No hunger page

sabrinaclasper is offline Junior Member

No hunger

Primal Fuel
    Good evening,

I used to be a primal back then which helped me losing 80lbs. Now I am just maintaining so I add a few more fruits. Anyways, has anyone noticed that it is seriously hard to detect hunger? I could go all day without food. Since I have Lupus and Sjogrens Syndrome I am suppose to eat rather often but I have the hardest time and have to force myself. Any suggestions?

Best, Bri

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, can't help. I'm hungry all the time.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I have found in nutritional ketosis that I have no hunger. I am eating one smallish meal per day, and that's it. I'm not on the clock to east that, either. When I have more carb in my diet, I handle stress less well, and I eat in more of a stress response than an actual need for food.

Interesting.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I've always had very little hunger and a few bites of anything would make me feel full right away. As such I learned to eat past fullness and am satisfied with 1 meal a day even as a kid. It didn't come from being primal.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Most people eat because they enjoy the flavor, texture, and appearance of food. Even if you are not hungry I would think you'd be happy to eat two or three meals a day if you are having meals that look and taste good!

sabrinaclasper is offline Junior Member
    interesting, glad I am not too alone. I try to eat at least 4 times a day (that is forcing it for sure).

Thank you everyone.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This has been a recent thing for me! I used to wake up excited about what I'd have for breakfast, now I wake up un-hungry but I try to eat something anyway. It's a bit of a bummer, but I think its a sign of positive change, indicating that food isn't running my life anymore. I still enjoy what I eat, but I think about other things than my next meal, which is nice, given my history of disordered eating. I've gone from eating too little to eating too much and back again a thousand times... I'm hoping my lack of hunger is a sign I've finally found a balance.

Edit: I also think it has something to do with my activity level. I used to work out a lot, so that I could eat a lot, because eating was what brought me the most happiness. I've slowed down my working out--I walk or bike 2-3 times a week and do yoga daily, occasionally I run a few sprints, I could probably afford to reintroduce strength training but I lift a lot of heavy things at work, so my instincts are to rest my muscles on days off. As a result, I don't have to eat as much--I save some money that way, too! I think a slow metabolism is a good thing. Americans are fixated on speeding their metabolisms so they can eat more, like I once was. Food means way too much to us. It fills some kind of void.I think a lot of good can come from some self-exploration: concentrate on WHY you're eating, what void you're filling (loneliness, boredom?), and if the void isn't hunger, step away from the fridge and read a book, meet up with a friend, etc.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 10-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.