Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprinting everyday? page 2

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I heard Calf muscle is something extremely extremely tough to grow through exercise. That particular muscle group is more genetically determined than any other, it appears.

I have tried fair bit over the years (training heavy, training volumes) and mine has gotten more ripped and stronger and not "bigger". OTOH I know quite a few Chinese in HK who absolutely do 0 work out, yet have monster calves (including ladies).
    Few but ripe.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    I heard Calf muscle is something extremely extremely tough to grow through exercise. That particular muscle group is more genetically determined than any other, it appears.

I have tried fair bit over the years (training heavy, training volumes) and mine has gotten more ripped and stronger and not "bigger". OTOH I know quite a few Chinese in HK who absolutely do 0 work out, yet have monster calves (including ladies).
    I'm guessing there would be a huge genetic disadvantage to bulky Calves in the days of Grok.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Exercise breaks down muscle tissue, rest rebuilds and strengthens muscle. You can't have one without the other. Train real hard on your training days and then take a couple of days off to recover and build muscle. I suggest you add a day or two of heavy squats and calf raises to your weekly schedule as well.
    Thanks for advice! Don't know about the squats though, I'll consider it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12