Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the IF page

coach81 is offline Senior Member

The Power of the IF

Primal Fuel
    So I really had a bad weekend.. I ate way too much in general, but I also ate some trash I knew I should not have. So yesterday I decided to try an IF today to try and "make up" for it..

So this morning I got up, got a good 40 min workout in.. and felt great.. skipped breakfast, and came to work. Held out until lunch - a full 17 hour IF. Ate my lunch (tuna and salad) which tasted AMAZING I might add. Now as bad as I felt earlier in the week, I feel FANTASTIC!!! I'm planning on going for another 24 hour fast this weekend (will be my third IF since starting Primal Living about 3 weeks ago).

I'm really starting to feel the benefits of IF, is this how everyone feels???

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Light, clear-headed, and triumphant? Yep.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    I "enjoy" the fasting part of my life now. I truly enjoy food more and I can't believe how much I cook nowadays. So totally foreign from who I was a year ago. Dang, I love being in my late 30s...life is fantastic.
    Last edited by ToniWA; 04-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    As BarbeyGirl (again, love that pic!) stated, I as well feel really light, and clear-headed. I almost always experience a 'high' of sorts and very honed senses (kind of like the main character in Wanted! lol). A great feeling! And yes, food tastes even better after a fast
    I grok, therefore I am.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for the healing power of IF! That's just how I feel, Bulltar. I'm 16 hours into a fast myself and about to run through my neighborhood like a madman. My energy levels are never higher than after a good gastrointestinal shutdown. It's also the best way to clean up after a bad weekend.

And if you like IF now, just wait and see what it does to your body composition!

emilyvvv is offline Junior Member
    These are all VERY encouraging words. I am a little over 22 hours into my first 24 hour fast (It might turn out to be a 27 hour one, I have class!). My head hurts a little but I feel great! My tummy hasn't growled once and I have gotten a lot of work done. This has, so far, been much easier than expected. Any advice for the headache? Suck it up? Take an advil? I am very hydrated.

Timothy- Although I am mostly If-ing (IF-ing sounds like I am trying not to cuss!) to reprogram my appetite vs hunger mindset and help my insulin response/GI systems... i LOVE what you said about how it helps body composition. I have been trying to lose the fat, this should help!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    And if you like IF now, just wait and see what it does to your body composition!
    Amen to that! Amazing energy levels AND quickly being able to see the muscles under there? SIGN ME UP!!!!

dfast is offline Member
    +1 for this. I used to use IF for the same reason - to 'clean up the mess' from a heavy weekend or whatever - but once you start using it as a tool to further your gains, rather than as damage control, then you really start to appreciate just how powerful it is.

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    I was shocked that I made it through a 19 hour IF with the amount of energy I did. Prior to PB and eating the Body-for-Life way, I would have been ravenous after about 5 hours without food to feed my complex carb addiction. I was worried about losing muscle, because CW tells us we will if we do not eat, especially after a workout, but I see nor experienced any negative effects at all. I had to re-read that portion of the book 4 times before I could convince myself that it was the right thing to do, but it was worth it. I am incorporating it on my Tuesday/Friday HIIT workout days. Meaning, I stop eating after dinner on Monday and then eat a big ass salad about 1:30 on Tuesday. Same applies for Thursday night and Friday lunch.

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Totally agree with all of these comments. I'm really enjoying my primal journey so far. Going to do another 24 hour IF this weekend from Friday night until Saturday!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast