Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this even worth it? page 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I see a Livestrong.com bit that says 3 oz of rabbit contains 6.8 grams fat and another site that said the same portion contains about 7g total fat. Are you talking saturated fat only? It is high protein and rich in B12, B3 and selenium.

There is more to meat than the fat content. But, since it is relatively low fat, by all means cook with bacon! Good combination.
    I used cronometer.com and most definitely put in an entire pound.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I see a Livestrong.com bit that says 3 oz of rabbit contains 6.8 grams fat and another site that said the same portion contains about 7g total fat. Are you talking saturated fat only? It is high protein and rich in B12, B3 and selenium.
    Fitday, Fatsecret, LoseIt and Sparkpeople all agree with Livestrong. It's about like chicken thighs.

I just made a stew that contained (among other things) a pound of rabbit meat, 2T olive oil, 2T butter and 3/4C sour cream. That boosted the % fat quite a bit without just being fat for fat's sake.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Fitday, Fatsecret, LoseIt and Sparkpeople all agree with Livestrong. It's about like chicken thighs.

I just made a stew that contained (among other things) a pound of rabbit meat, 2T olive oil, 2T butter and 3/4C sour cream. That boosted the % fat quite a bit without just being fat for fat's sake.
    My father used to make rabbit stew that way; sour cream. Lots of sour cream.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123