Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite paleo or primal recipe and why? page

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member

What is your favorite paleo or primal recipe and why?

Shop Now
    My favorite paleo recipe is apple cinnamon chicken because it is fast and easy to make and it tastes delicious, almost like a dessert.

Directions: Slice up chicken, cook in frying pan with coconut oil. Shred and apple into pan with grater and season with cinnamon. Enjoy!

Jena is offline Senior Member
    A coconut flour pizza that was posted on MDA! Because its pizza of course
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by fitness wayne View Post
    my favorite paleo recipe is apple cinnamon chicken because it is fast and easy to make and it tastes delicious, almost like a dessert.

Directions: Slice up chicken, cook in frying pan with coconut oil. Shred and apple into pan with grater and season with cinnamon. Enjoy!
    Health is Wealth!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Turkey Squash Chilli

I have various methods of making this but essentially, it's ...

Brown off some diced turkey (and optionally chicken) with a chopped onion
    Boil some squash and puree it
    Pour in a carton of chopped tomatoes, some chillies, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, optionally cumin and sea salt.
    Stir in the pureed squash
    Toss in a chopped bell pepper
    Reduce
    Eat

Love it! Quick, easy, nutritious, medicinal (more so with a sprinkle of turmeric) and seriously flavoursome.

Accompany with wilted spinach, over tenderstem broccoli, glob of probiotic natural yoghurt on top ... what a feast! Eat as much as you want until full, leftovers make great lunch.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I have literally thousands of recipes, but my favorite still remains a 1" thick rib eye on the grill (med-rare) with a slab of butter on top as a finisher. Why? Because the grilled fat is absolutely heavenly.

Recipe wise, I have a pressure cooker recipe that is great in the winter months: "Berried Treasure" Pork Chops

Brown chops in butter. Deglaze cooker with unsweetened cranberry juice. Add a can of whole cranberry sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and a bunch of sweet potatoes peeled and cut into large cubes. Nestle chops on top. Cook at 15psi for 6-8 minutes depending on how thick the chops are and how big the potato chunks are. Use natural release method to cool (can simmer sauce to reduce further into a GREAT gravy). YUM. I will look for an alternative to canned sauce this year. I'll just be making my own cranberry sauce. I have a favorite recipe for that, too!

Why? It is a comfort meal and very quick. Makes good left overs.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Take a whole coho salmon, dry off with a paper towel, pepper and salt the cavity, shop up some leaves and unusable ends of the celery + onions onto a huge sheet of parchment/wax paper, put salmon up top, dab a few dabs of coconut oil over, roll the wax paper around (and use extra sheet if it's sticking out, use ties to secure if you have to), slide on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425 degrees F oven for 45 min. Open the paper envelope, and broil to crisp (but not burn) the skin for 4 or so min.

Let rest for as long as you can keep the family at bay. Eat with skin, and buttered veggies from underneath or, my personal fav - fresh salsa(!!!). Save the rest for adding in soups, salads or crisping up in fat.

Salmon. Heaven.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I'm relatively new to the primal scene, but here's my newest fav (as of last night)
    Primal Chipotle Peppers

Chicken tomato and chile stuffed peppers, smothered with cheese on top.

1 orange bell pepper per person, cored
    Chopped Chicken
    Tomato
    Onion, Garlic
    Chipotle Pepper as desired
    Cheese

Saute garlic and onions in butter, then add tomato and cook it down a bit. Fry chicken in coconut oil, add to tomato mixture. Stir in chipotle and other seasonings for desired heat and flavor. Stuff Peppers with mixture and top with cheese in abundance. Bake at 350 till peppers are soft. Serve with side salad or broccoli.

Caution. Will knock socks off.

Azure is offline Junior Member
    That Apple Cinnamon Chicken sounds great. I think I'll be trying that out this weekend.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Nice, fatty steak or hamburger cooked over charcoal grill.
    Seriously, I like it really simple. Grilled salmon with onions, butter and some chopped walnuts is awesome.

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Turkey Squash Chilli

I have various methods of making this but essentially, it's ...

Brown off some diced turkey (and optionally chicken) with a chopped onion
    Boil some squash and puree it
    Pour in a carton of chopped tomatoes, some chillies, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, optionally cumin and sea salt.
    Stir in the pureed squash
    Toss in a chopped bell pepper
    Reduce
    Eat

Love it! Quick, easy, nutritious, medicinal (more so with a sprinkle of turmeric) and seriously flavoursome.

Accompany with wilted spinach, over tenderstem broccoli, glob of probiotic natural yoghurt on top ... what a feast! Eat as much as you want until full, leftovers make great lunch.
    Wow, this looks really good. When I try this out I will probably use ground turkey instead of diced turkey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast