Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite paleo or primal recipe and why? page 2

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ground turkey should work - I've not done it, but don't see why not. Adjust the amount of squash and chilli, accordingly; with diced turkey, you can have quite a lot of pulp. I hope you enjoy it.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I really like slow cooker pulled pork. There are a number of recipes on various paleo blogs, but basically it just comes down to sticking a pork shoulder in the slow cooker with some broth, garlic, and Mexican spices, and then adding tomato sauce, salsa, or BBQ sauce to taste.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    A slab of steak or salmon and a big ass salad with balsamic, bacon and avocado.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    OMG, OMG, how could I forget. I think the pulled pork would actually take a close 2nd to this super-awesome lasagna (zucchini instead of noodles) - this is the basic recipe: Zucchini Lasagna | Wellness Mama

I modified it a bit, I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork - I find that to be a very savory combination for most ground meat recipes. I also opted for spicier pasta sauce - I used 1 jar Arrabiata sauce and the other jar was just some sort of garlic/chardonnay pasta sauce I had bought on sale. I piled on the spices just like the recipe suggested. The end product was amazing! Boyfriend was smitten, too. Plus it makes for a good packed lunch/dinner and is quick to eat without the mess.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    On my way home from the gym this week I stopped by Whole Foods and bought a beautiful pastuered New York Strip, some mushrooms and an onion. Once I got home I went to the garden and picked some kale and sauted it with the mushrooms and onions in coconut oil. Added the steak and cooked it to medium with a bunch of spices and garlic. Simple and easy...Yum!

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    I tried a recipe for crockpot Beef Bourgignon this weekend that turned out really well, with a good amount of leftovers. The house smelled a little like a winery all day from the red wine in it. I also made a spaghetti squash lasagna recently (with squash from my garden)-- just sort of made it up as I went, and it is my husband's new favorite.

Beef Bourguignon was way up there on my list, as is Japanese Curry. I'm happy with occasional rice.

piggeh is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    I'm relatively new to the primal scene, but here's my newest fav (as of last night)
    Primal Chipotle Peppers

Chicken tomato and chile stuffed peppers, smothered with cheese on top.

1 orange bell pepper per person, cored
    Chopped Chicken
    Tomato
    Onion, Garlic
    Chipotle Pepper as desired
    Cheese

Saute garlic and onions in butter, then add tomato and cook it down a bit. Fry chicken in coconut oil, add to tomato mixture. Stir in chipotle and other seasonings for desired heat and flavor. Stuff Peppers with mixture and top with cheese in abundance. Bake at 350 till peppers are soft. Serve with side salad or broccoli.

Caution. Will knock socks off.
    Awesome dish, thanks for that. And easy to store some for another day

Stuffed pepper ... beauty! Just tonight, I did a fish tagine and forgot just how good peppers can be when heavily steamed/boiled to just before the skins go hard. I've not done stuffed pepper since my pre-paleo/primal days where they were stuffed with rice or bulgar wheat.

This, I will try ... good idea, pal.

Ellie Conway is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine would be Duck breast with anchovy sauce.

Score the duck breast and pan-fry so it's nice and crisp. I like mine a little pink in the middle so it's tender.
    For anchovy sauce: combine anchovies, 2 crushed garlic cloves, tsp mustard, splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil.
    Spread on cooked duck breast. Serve with leafy greens.

This is bursting with flavour. I love it because it's very quick, yet so fulfilling and is a bit of a treat since I don't have duck as often as I'd like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast