Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I ate 3 apples today= 72 grams of sugar is that bad!? page 2

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You're fine. Unless you notice some drastic change in your overall health, don't worry about it. If it makes you feel better, today I had two bananas, a mango, two cups of fresh-squeezed orange juice, some coconut water, and two servings of white rice. I wouldn't sweat three apples.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    If it is in season and can be picked, dug or shot eat it.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catbreu View Post
    Thank you, Choco for being a voice of sanity.
    You're thanking choco for being the voice of sanity by pointing out that there's nothing wrong with sugar, set against the backdrop of every other poster INSANELY saying there's nothing wrong with eating three apples?

Ok.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Extreme Health Radio is offline Junior Member
    I think it depends on your genetics. If you're a pacific islander you can get away with eating more fruits but if you have some Eskimo in you for example, you can't get away with that much fruit.

It also depends on how much exercise you're doing on the day you consume that fruit. If you're sweating a lot in the gym or running vs sitting in an office chair all day.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You're thanking choco for being the voice of sanity by pointing out that there's nothing wrong with sugar, set against the backdrop of every other poster INSANELY saying there's nothing wrong with eating three apples?

Ok.
    I think it's important to include some logic if you're making an argument and not just leaving a one-liner that provides no real substance. "Because I said so" is an appeal to authority - a logical fallacy. Explain your thought profess, include some data, post some links, etc. I think that's why she quoted my post. Even less productive is non-constructive criticism. Take note.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's just apples. I doubt that you're eating that much sugar from just 3. That's probably the least harmful binge I've ever heard of.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    An apple is around 100 calories. I don't think you can categorize a 300 calorie anything as a "binge"
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I know that. I just feel the OP is treating it as such.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think it's important to include some logic if you're making an argument and not just leaving a one-liner that provides no real substance. "Because I said so" is an appeal to authority - a logical fallacy. Explain your thought profess, include some data, post some links, etc. I think that's why she quoted my post. Even less productive is non-constructive criticism. Take note.
    Hey, I'm not saying that your post is bad in any way. Just that EVERY response to the OP has had the same general thrust.

And while it's good to back things up when that's called for, sometimes it's just as good to get your point accross concisely. This seems like the best answer to the OP to me.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    On my workout days, I usually will have two meals, both of which have about a pound of sweet potatoes. However, when I feel like doing something different, I will have 4-5 apples and bananas instead. The Honeycrisp apples are so crispy, juicy and delicious. All varieties of apples are really good, but Honeycrisp are the top for me. Not eating sweets, candy or other sugars has made me really appreciate the desserts the earth provides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast