Thread: Canning Homemade Coconut Milk page

dell500 is offline Junior Member

Canning Homemade Coconut Milk

Hey,

First time poster here.

I've been being primal/paleo since March. I love it. The biggest thing that I consume is homemade coconut milk.

Can coconut milk be canned to help preserve in the cupboard or in the fridge and not spoil?

Let me know. I can stuff all the time and am just wondering. Rather not waste precious coconut milk due to experiments.

Bradford

Zanna is offline Senior Member

CocoaNut is offline Member
    Personally, I use mason jars. Just grab one from the box in which they came, pour in the strained coconut milk (using a funnel), pop on the lid and screw on the ring. I have yet to have a single jar go bad, even though I don't bother sterilizing them. Admittedly, I haven't made all that many, but I have taken quite some time to consume some of them.

I keep it in my fridge and, when I need it, I put it in a small saucepan of water and heat it over low heat until the cream melts. Shake it up and serve.

Edit: By the way, I made a topic about this a while back, but nobody replied. What is your preferred ratio for homemade coconut milk?
    See my progress at Cocoa's Corner.

Or check out my journal thread here.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

dell500 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Thanks you soooo much for this!!

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaNut View Post
    Personally, I use mason jars. Just grab one from the box in which they came, pour in the strained coconut milk (using a funnel), pop on the lid and screw on the ring. I have yet to have a single jar go bad, even though I don't bother sterilizing them. Admittedly, I haven't made all that many, but I have taken quite some time to consume some of them.

I keep it in my fridge and, when I need it, I put it in a small saucepan of water and heat it over low heat until the cream melts. Shake it up and serve.

Edit: By the way, I made a topic about this a while back, but nobody replied. What is your preferred ratio for homemade coconut milk?
    I do the same. I was just wondering temp/pressure and alotted time in the PC.

That article is the beeseneese!

Bradford

brendavilleg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have yet to have a single jar go bad